ESPN's Weekly Watch

ISUser

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 28, 2009
Topeka, KS
Thoought I'd share this, since there are some ISU notes in here:

Weekly Watch: Week 12 - ESPN

Scotty landed in the performances that wowed them and both games this week are listed as games to watch (no surprise there).

Have a good evening and move along. Nothing else to see here.

Last edited:

andybernard

Oct 22, 2009
Alright, I'm not trying to argue I'm just thoroughly confused. Are you surprised that they are kind of saying Missouri beating us and Tech isn't unlikely?

ISUser

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 28, 2009
Topeka, KS
facepalm.jpg

Oh wow, am I an idiot or what.

Mods feel free to delete this thread so that I may save some small shred of whatever dignity I have left on this site.

FarmClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 3, 2009
"the former is unlikely" is referring to Kansas being swept. Come on folks.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Its very unlikely KU gets swept. They'll have the title wrapped before we go to missouri most likely and will be the favorite in both games.

It is, however, much more likely MU beats us and Tech. Tech is as close to a lock as you can get and MU will be the favorite at home.

balken

Apr 14, 2006
facepalm.jpg

Oh wow, am I an idiot or what.

Mods feel free to delete this thread so that I may save some small shred of whatever dignity I have left on this site.

As your attorney I recommend the following actions:

1. Edit your post to reflect the proper interpretation.
  2. Insist that any existing quotes were taken out of context.
  3. Deny, deny, deny.
If these steps fail we will begin blaming Hawk trolls for the "misinterpretation."

ISUser

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 28, 2009
Topeka, KS
As your attorney I recommend the following actions:

1. Edit your post to reflect the proper interpretation.
  2. Insist that any existing quotes were taken out of context.
  3. Deny, deny, deny.
If these steps fail we will begin blaming Hawk trolls for the "misinterpretation."

Done

Not sure what the big fuss was about, I don't remember putting up anything like that.

balken

Apr 14, 2006
Done

Not sure what the big fuss was about, I don't remember putting up anything like that.

Please run all comments through your attorney from this time forward.

What ISUser actually said was, "I cannot comprehend the character assassination that is taking place on this board. Providing pertinent and timely information to my fellow user is something I do for the overall good. I am shocked and saddened by the out of context quotes and blatant misinterpretations of my obviously, and unarguably, accurate factual statements."

Reactions: ISUser

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
I prefer to dispense with the semantics, and just scroll down to "more teams that impressed us" (although it should say, "additional teams that impressed us")

At the bottom, ISU is "shoutout-worthy."

Not sure how Syracuse made the 'teams that impressed us" list. A probable No. 1 overall seed gets notice for winning at home vs. a bubble team (USF) and winning @UConn, a team that hasn't defeated a currently ranked team for five weeks, and hasn't beaten a currently-ranked teams at home all season.

I realize both those opponents would have extra motivation — but SU is considered either the 1st or 2nd best team in the country.

Also: No, Drexel is not a probable at-large candidate.

End rant. :spinny:

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Please run all comments through your attorney from this time forward.

What ISUser actually said was, "I cannot comprehend the character assassination that is taking place on this board. Providing pertinent and timely information to my fellow user is something I do for the overall good. I am shocked and saddened by the out of context quotes and blatant misinterpretations of my obviously, and unarguably, accurate factual statements."

I am proud of the service that you provide for this disadvantaged user. Clearly, he has been victimized by posters who failed to comprehend the fullness of his meaning, probably intentionally so, thus creating an unconscionable dismissal of a valuable member of the Cyclone fraternity.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron