ESPN: Senior Wisdom Article

hoiballin33

Nov 7, 2014
Fun article with some good GN quotes. Also quotes from Buddy, Denzel Valentine, and Malcom Brogdon.

http://espn.go.com/espn/feature/sto...ketball-senior-class-2015-2016-imparts-advice

Georges section if you want to skip the others:

The best advice I'd give is that through all the adversity, and you are going to face plenty throughout your career, keep your head down and have a vision. I don't know if my vision was big enough when I got here. I didn't even think I saw myself as being able to accomplish some of the things I have here. Don't shortchange yourself and aim big.I was a big, chubby kid, and I wish I had realized earlier how important it is to watch what you put in your body. I just wish I had been more aware back then, but I think you come in from high school and don't know better. At least I didn't.
I also wish I had known not to run my mouth quite as much. I took a couple of licks in the locker room. I shouldn't have talked as much trash as I did because I hadn't proven anything. Melvin [Ejim] was one of the older guys on the team, and I'll never forget it. I was barking at him during practice, and he put me in a headlock, put me to the ground, and that's the last time I ever talked trash to him.

Last edited:

CyinCo

Mar 24, 2006
Clive, IA
Yeah. If Ejim is mad at you, you probably did something wrong. Cool quotes and good advice from Georges.

pulse

Mar 24, 2006
That's hilarious. I could see Kane doing that. My fav "It's gonna be a long one, freshman".

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Wow! Ejim put Georges in a headlock...funny! I can see it happening, too. Georges is right - his mouth DOES get ahead of his brain occasionally. Melvin certainly put him in his place. :)

CyBri

Mar 2, 2012
had no idea mel would do that. haha.

Melvin was always like that. Wasn't he the one that beamed Jordan Riley in the head with a ball for not practicing hard. I also remember in games when he would get ****** and go after a guy. Can't remember who we were playing but he got ****** at a player a timeout was called and immediately after the timeout we went right out after the player and got a technical. I miss that guy. Awesome.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
That Melvin attitude may be something we have been missing the last two years.

Thanks OP.