EPL Relegation Predictions - 2023

ICCYFAN

Sep 6, 2006
Iowa City
Burnley and Sheffield United are moving up from the Championship, along with the winner of Saturday’s match between Luton Town and Coventry City.

Southampton is guaranteed relegation, but Leicester City, Leeds and Everton are in play for the other two slots. Nottingham Forest would be there but not for an improbable win over Arsenal this weekend.

My prediction: Leicester City loses to both Newcastle and West Ham. Leeds beat Spurs 3-1 and Everton loses to Bournemouth, seeing Everton related from the Premier League for the first time ever!

Cytoon

Nov 25, 2006
Not sure how I'd feel about Everton being relegated. I've liked them ever since Tim Howard played for them and then Landon Donovan for a short spell. I'd rather see Leeds go down. On the other hand, since my team Plymouth Argyle are now in the Championship it would be cool to see Everton make the long trip to Home Park.

CrossCyed

Mar 30, 2006
Man, Leeds was awake for about 15 minutes today then showed absolutely no life.

ICCYFAN

Sep 6, 2006
Iowa City
Man, Leeds was awake for about 15 minutes today then showed absolutely no life.
What’s their problem? Too many Americans? That’s why I’m pulling for them to stay up, while fully recognizing that very thing might be their Achilles heel…

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
Southampton, Leicester, and Leeds are my prediction. It’ll be amusing watching Leicester bandwagon fans from 2016 deal with playing in championship.

• Dumb
Reactions: ICCYFAN

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
What's your connection with London/Arsenal? Because that's normally a bold thing for an American Arsenal fan to say

First game I ever watched was man utd/Arsenal back in 2006, my high school buddy was a huge Man U fan, so being the good friend I was, rooted against them. Absolutely enjoyed watching Henry that game. And it’s not bold at all when it’s calling out absolute truth about how Leicester has some bandwagon fans in the US. Not nearly as bad as the plastics of Chelsea and Man City though. I didn’t choose to follow them as they won silverware.

Last edited:
  • Dumb
Reactions: cyguy9320

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
First game I ever watched was man utd/Arsenal back in 2006, my high school buddy was a huge Man U fan, so being the good friend I was, rooted against them. Absolutely enjoyed watching Henry that game. And it’s not bold at all when it’s calling out absolute truth about how Leicester has some bandwagon fans in the US. Not nearly as bad as the plastics of Chelsea and Man City though. I didn’t choose to follow them as they won silverware.

Feel bad for being a middle eastern oil fan @cyguy9320 ?

• Haha

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
Ok, so you really don't have a connection to the team/area except that you liked watching what was at the time the second most successful English team in the EPL and third all time (currently 4th most successful team in the EPL and third all time), was either on a streak or just ended a streak of 3 titles and 5 second-place finishes, had/has one of the largest fanbases, was/is one of the teams most likely to win the EPL each year, is least likely to be relegated, and was one of the easiest teams to follow at the time (due to the reasons I just said).

And that's just prior to you becoming a fan. After that (going from the 06-07 season), your team has won the FA cup 4 times, was in the champion's league 11 years and always making it out of the group stages, has been in the Europa League the remaining four years including runner-up once, and has won the community shield four times. And the "adversity" that you've faced as a fan has been three fifth place finishes, a sixth place finish, two eight place finishes, and an absolutely massive collapse to throw the title away this year.

From where I sit, you look a lot more like a bandwagon fan then American Leicester fans. Yes, Leicester won the league in 15-16 and won the 20-21 FA Cup, but how could you not fall in love with Leicester after winning the league (one of the biggest sporting upsets of all time) and it's clear that it wasn't going to become a pattern. What bandwagon were American Leicester fans jumping on? They weren't going to win the title again and at best were just going to be a team punching above its weight.

The reason I'm going after you is that from where I'm sitting as a casual EPL follower, you're coming across as an ******* on this. To me, trash talk is fine as long as everyone's laughing, otherwise you're an *******. And you're being a lot more aggressive than everyone else. And that's going to be especially true when you have no real connection to the area, we're separated by distance as Americans, and we can choose who to cheer for. So you're talking quite a bit of **** and shitting on fans of other teams for someone who chose one of the plushiest fandoms in English soccer

MugNight

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 27, 2021
So how stressful was yesterday for you?
Yesterday was hell. I enjoyed the excitement, but I hated the circumstances. Real changes need to happen at the club or they’ll be back there again in a year.

ICCYFAN

Sep 6, 2006
Iowa City
Not nearly as bad as the plastics of Chelsea and Man City though. I didn’t choose to follow them as they won silverware.
I want to just walk away but the absurdity of these two sentences draws me back. Were you laughing as you wrote this? I can’t decide if you’re a comedic genius (aka Tina Fey) or just a common jerk?

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
Original! You are true fan for supporting a real underdog like Arsenal. What’s the name of your stadium again?

Well aware of Emirates since they have naming rights of the stadium and their kits. If you think that’s anything remotely similar to man city being taken over my middle eastern oil kings and creating history when Man City hardly had any history of the sort is absolutely hilarious.

• Haha