Enaruna makes it official, hits the portal

mjhavlo76

Jun 23, 2009
Good luck Tristan! Does he have to sit a year since he transferred last year?

More than likely he’ll have to sit another year unless a waiver is granted. Which many thought he may NOT have chose to transfer. Guess he’s willing to do that.

Reactions: tobya8

Nelcyn

Nov 29, 2012
Colorado
More than likely he’ll have to sit another year unless a waiver is granted. Which many thought he may NOT have chose to transfer. Guess he’s willing to do that.
Another year of college, yes please! I am old now and would love another year of college as a 20 something.

Reactions: cyclones500

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
Unless someone tells me different I think he was injured for part of the year. He was always getting massages when he came out and when he hit the floor in the LSU game he was hurting big time

cyclonehomer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2019
is this sarcasm? shame on me for asking(or falling for it) , cuz I thought our UNI poster in the know has basically squelched that rumor.
I've seen too many differing rumors to really worry about it too much either way. I assume the staff is likely about as updated as anyone on the situation, if they start really pursuing other higher volume guards I suspect that will answer the question as well as anything else.

swiacy

Apr 9, 2009
Good team member & best wishes. Had his shot but his PT diminished. Not quick enough to guard 6’5 type wings and not physical enough to guard 4’s & 5’s in the B12. Would be a force at a Mid-Major like St. Peter’s.

Marcelason78

Mar 4, 2022
Interesting take.
Agree.

First 12 non-conference (all starts) TE averaged:
16.8 minutes, 6.4 pts and 3.8 rebounds

First 12 conference games (all starts):
17.6 minutes, 4.5 pts and 3.6 rebounds

Last 9 games off bench:
7.1 minutes, 1.3 pts and 0.9 rebounds

We all wanted the Chicago St or Baylor game Tristan, but we just didn't see that kind of production.

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
Good team member & best wishes. Had his shot but his PT diminished. Not quick enough to guard 6’5 type wings and not physical enough to guard 4’s & 5’s in the B12. Would be a force at a Mid-Major like St. Peter’s.
In that case, I hope he goes to Cleveland St.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
Good for him. The way he was used, I mean wasn't used was BS. I wouldn't stick around after that either.

It was interesting how he started much of the season but was pulled b4 the 16 minute TO. It was almost like TJ promised Tristan he would start during the recruiting process and was being good to his word.

That said, he didn't play consistently well enough to start over Kunc. And our defense would have been weaker with a frontcourt of Enaruna & Kunc getting the bulk of the minutes.

Just didn't see much consistency on offense/defense for him to take minutes from Kunc, Conditt or Jones. Plus TJ seemed to figure out in Feb/Mar when our offense struggled to go with Hunter, Kalscheur, Brockington, Grill and a post player.

I didn't expect him to stay. Would be curious if it was his decision or the coaching staff's. Just a reality of college hoops, coaches are always trying to improve their roster- spots 1-13. Basically a pro-sport GM approach.

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
We all wanted the Chicago St or Baylor game Tristan, but we just didn't see that kind of production.
It is hard to produce if you don't get consistent minutes.

Going for 23 and 8 in 28 minutes in our close loss to #1 Baylor, but only a couple games before that only getting 10 minutes against Jackson St and 10 minutes against SELA. 12 minutes against Alabama St, 16 minutes against Arkansas-Pine Bluff.

It wasn't talent or inability to produce. It was how he was used, or rather not used. That could be all on Enaruna, or it could also be some on the staff. We didn't use ANY of our bigs the way he would need to be used. We did not show an ability or desire to use multiple small-ball forwards. He needs to be in a small-ball frontcourt that plays with pace and gets volume imo, Our bigs were all low-production, low-volume roles. I don't think Enaruna took to that well. He was exactly who it seemed like when we recruited him imo. I'm surprised we signed him in hindsight

cyclonehomer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2019
It is hard to produce if you don't get consistent minutes.

Going for 23 and 8 in 28 minutes in our close loss to #1 Baylor, but only a couple games before that only getting 10 minutes against Jackson St and 10 minutes against SELA. 12 minutes against Alabama St, 16 minutes against Arkansas-Pine Bluff.

It wasn't talent or inability to produce. It was how he was used, or rather not used. That could be all on Enaruna, or it could also be on the staff. We didn't use ANY of our bigs the way he would need to be used. We did not show an ability or desire to use multiple small-ball forwards. He needs to be in a small-ball frontcourt that plays with pace and gets volume imo, Our bigs were all low-production, low-volume roles. I don't think Enaruna took to that well
I also get the feeling his game is suited more to playing a hybrid big/wing role on offense given everywhere he played before ISU, for the Dutch national team he was listed as a SG. Don't know if he has the ball handling for that at this level and there were a lot more potential minutes available in the post last year so it just maybe wasn't an ideal fit.

blutarsky

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2010
St. Paul, MN
It was interesting how he started much of the season but was pulled b4 the 16 minute TO. It was almost like TJ promised Tristan he would start during the recruiting process and was being good to his word.

That said, he didn't play consistently well enough to start over Kunc. And our defense would have been weaker with a frontcourt of Enaruna & Kunc getting the bulk of the minutes.

Just didn't see much consistency on offense/defense for him to take minutes from Kunc, Conditt or Jones. Plus TJ seemed to figure out in Feb/Mar when our offense struggled to go with Hunter, Kalscheur, Brockington, Grill and a post player.

I didn't expect him to stay. Would be curious if it was his decision or the coaching staff's. Just a reality of college hoops, coaches are always trying to improve their roster- spots 1-13. Basically a pro-sport GM approach.
Enaruna also sees what's going on around him. He started, became a reserve and quickly became irrelevant as the season, post season wore on. Not a knock on Tristan. He has the tools be a good player. Not sure ISU or Enaruna have the time to wait for each other. This will be an instance where it pays off for both player and team.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron