Employer Christmas Gifts

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Nothing.

They already took away our Holiday party a couple years ago to save money, we don't get any bonuses or gifts and if we're lucky the boss might take us out after work and buy apetizers at the bar or something. One year I guess we got this "gift" which was the paper box thing you had to put together and inside the lid it said "our most valuable asset - YOU!" Talk about one of the dumbest things ever, it wasn't even worth what they probably paid to make and send those things out. Save that money and send me the check for it, even if it's $2. At least I can get a pop with that...

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Wow, you're employer gave you used gifts? That's tacky.

I called yours and told them to give you all "punches in the face".

Wise guy :smile:

Mine doesnt give out anything. They gave us a turkey for thanksgiving, but it was probably free from some client.

SuperCy

Nov 30, 2006
Smallville/Metropolis
They gave us a turkey for thanksgiving, but it was probably free from some client.

The company my dad works for does this. Every employee gets a turkey. Actually, they get a certificate to take to Fareway to get a turkey. There have been a few years where the turkeys have been gone. Ooops.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Last year he held a party at the steak and chop house for a Christmas/appreciation party

wartknight

Mar 24, 2006
I almost forgot, the company that I send my clients to to take their physicals usually sends the proverbial popcorn tin.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
That tin is good stuff. Mmmm cheese popcorn.

wartknight

Mar 24, 2006
No Flag day, that might just be state government.
My wife works for the gov't and the scientist takes her unit out to eat

CyinCo

Mar 24, 2006
Clive, IA
I worked for a large public company for 10+ years and got only a tin of popcorn containing various popcorn favors.

I recently took a job with a small, private consultant and, even thought I've only worked there for 3 weeks, I got several articles of clothing with a company logo, a tin of gourmet chocolates, and a $100 pre-loaded Visa gift card. Sweeeet!

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
This job - a $35 gift card
Last job - Nothing much.
First job - a collectors edition book (titles of which I had never heard of) and a small frozen turkey :skeptical:

dornstar44

Apr 10, 2006
Wichita, KS
This is the first year in many my company didn't give everyone a turkey (which is good, since I have to drive 8 hours home for Christmas and don't really care to travel with a turkey). This year, though, they started giving everyone a Visa gift card. My boss also gave us movie theater gift certificates, so all in all I can't complain.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
We always get a hundy, and then there's usually something for our dept. Haven't gotten anything this year, but last year we got iPod Nano's.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
We always get a hundy, and then there's usually something for our dept. Haven't gotten anything this year, but last year we got iPod Nano's.

Any job openings? They sound like a nice employer who appreciates their staff. Hell, I would take a pat on the back at this point.

Last edited: