Ellis Hobbs

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
In the pregame intros for the Supper Bowl (can we use that here) will he say his College was ISU or will he say his HS?

Stumpy

Apr 10, 2006
Tucson, AZ
Why does this have to come up every game he plays? Is it really that big of an issue? Does some kid out there all of a sudden have a revelation and commit to Iowa State because Ellis drops our name?

cyismydog

Apr 13, 2006
Why does this have to come up every game he plays? Is it really that big of an issue? Does some kid out there all of a sudden have a revelation and commit to Iowa State because Ellis drops our name?
It can't hurt.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa

It kind of is a big deal. He is the most visable Cyclone Alum and he cannot even give his college some credit.

Erik4Cy

Jan 22, 2007
Johnston, IA
www.cyclones.com
IDK, let's start a Cyclone online petition to make him have to legally use "Iowa State" somewhere in his intro speech for every nationally televised game.

Just think of the other amazing things we've done online, Cy in the Mascot Challenge, Free Lucca, etc.

COME ON CLONES! Let's beat our name out of Ellis! Oh, and let's make him wear only Iowa State apparrel in interviews and at practices.

bmuff

Apr 7, 2006

I think that it IS a big deal. ISU doesn't have a lot of national press. Well, everyone and their dog watches the SB. It would be nice if he actually claimed ISU instead of his HS (I think that's kind of juvenile anyway). I actually think it is dumb that they let players introduce themselves anyway...and dumber when they let a celebrity do it. Make the announcer give the lineup.

If Hobbs does name his HS, I personally will quit rooting for him and claiming him as a Clone. And I will have no reason to root for NE. He's the only reason I've wanted them to win all year, but if he doesn't claim ISU, why should we claim him??

BigSkyCy2

Bookie
Aug 9, 2006
I don't believe they do individual player introductions for the Super Bowl anymore. I've also noticed on Fox they don't let the players introduce themselves either.

cmoore_23

Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
wow.. i cant believe ppl are seriously gettin upset that hobbs doesnt say Iowa State.. the guy does rep us at the end of the games because he always wears ISU apperal in the locker room.. i mean ya it would be nice.. but owell not the end of the world.. i mean really.. how is ellis hobbs saying iowa state going to really help us.. only thing it does is its kinda cool.. thats about it..

cyclonepower

Oct 5, 2006
WDM
I think that it IS a big deal. ISU doesn't have a lot of national press. Well, everyone and their dog watches the SB. It would be nice if he actually claimed ISU instead of his HS (I think that's kind of juvenile anyway). I actually think it is dumb that they let players introduce themselves anyway...and dumber when they let a celebrity do it. Make the announcer give the lineup.

If Hobbs does name his HS, I personally will quit rooting for him and claiming him as a Clone. And I will have no reason to root for NE. He's the only reason I've wanted them to win all year, but if he doesn't claim ISU, why should we claim him??

Are you serious?

Cloner97

Apr 11, 2006
I'm sure we'll see plenty of Ellis on Super Bowl Sunday. Either Amani Toomer or Plaxico will be burning him all game long. He makes afew good plays, but most of the time he is giving up a catch. I bet he makes a pick though, just like in the AGC Championship game

Ficklone02

Apr 11, 2006
City by the Bay
Please people....its not a big deal. What about his high school, I bet its really cool for them to be mentioned. Why are we so selfish about being given attention that we'd get all upset over this....and yes, he does wear ISU gear still.

akclone

Bookie
Nov 28, 2006

If Hobbs does name his HS, I personally will quit rooting for him and claiming him as a Clone. And I will have no reason to root for NE. He's the only reason I've wanted them to win all year, but if he doesn't claim ISU, why should we claim him??[/
QUOTE]

Lol, I love it. Make sure you pull the plug on Golden Tee too.