EDIT: Greg Gaines Is A Cyclone!

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Looking at Campbell’s body of work so far…think what he could do with top 25 classes

I need a minute alone
Looking at last year’s results, we’re sitting on finishing somewhere in the 35-40 range right now—depending on a couple of guys (like Rocco) getting a solid bump in their ranking at some point.

Reactions: cyclones12321

StLouisClone

Apr 16, 2006
St. Louis
Gaines is ranked about where Scates was. Hopefully Gaines will get off to a quicker start for us. I think we'll need someone among the freshmen to come in ready to play.

Reactions: isutrevman

psychlones

Jun 13, 2006
Ames, IA
I love being able to read quotes like this and not feel like it's a complete pipe dream...

"I feel like that's going to be the first step – win the Big 12. Then we will work our way up from there. Once we get all of our pieces into place we can win a natty," Gaines said.

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
Told the wife we probably have a top 25 recruiting class now. She said well we have a top 10 team so The recruiting are under performing. RIP me.
I would have been astonished

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
Adding Townsend and Adams would be an awesome way to fill out the skill positions. Both those guys are really fast.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Aclone

CyclonesMoney

Sep 12, 2017
So Xavier Nwampa won’t be coming to ISU? Man I love loyal players like Lazard. Even when the experts wanted to mess up/frustrate his career that didn’t work. When God says YES not even some board room expert can stop God’s plan. Lazard deserves every success that coming his way. When the community is rooting for you, success follows. Kids that over look/disrespect home schools usually hit the snag. I hope I’m wrong. Amara Darboh brings to mind and Ross Piers…. Who de committed from Iowa. I still believe that if Ross stuck with the useless team on i80 he would have easily gone in the first round and be playing first team in the nfl. Right now I don’t know if he’s pushing a combine or what. Nwanpa would succeed anywhere regardless of where he plays. But let him go warm the bench wherever or maybe I’m just hating. I actually like studs like Lazard that don’t need other 4 star recruits to shine. I know these young men don’t owe us fans anything but some loyalty and respect goes a long way. You might not make the league and coming back close to home looking for that good gig helps if you play for the local team. If it’s not us then I would rather I see him play for the fools in yellow and black for simply because they are in Iowa not freaking Ohio, anyways enough of my yapping. I guess, it’s a free world, just don’t regret. Lazard will be a pro baller this season and beyond.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
So Xavier Nwampa won’t be coming to ISU? Man I love loyal players like Lazard. Even when the experts wanted to mess up/frustrate his career that didn’t work. When God says YES not even some board room expert can stop God’s plan. Lazard deserves every success that coming his way. When the community is rooting for you, success follows. Kids that over look/disrespect home schools usually hit the snag. I hope I’m wrong. Amara Darboh brings to mind and Ross Piers…. Who de committed from Iowa. I still believe that if Ross stuck with the useless team on i80 he would have easily gone in the first round and be playing first team in the nfl. Right now I don’t know if he’s pushing a combine or what. Nwanpa would succeed anywhere regardless of where he plays. But let him go warm the bench wherever or maybe I’m just hating. I actually like studs like Lazard that don’t need other 4 star recruits to shine. I know these young men don’t owe us fans anything but some loyalty and respect goes a long way. You might not make the league and coming back close to home looking for that good gig helps if you play for the local team. If it’s not us then I would rather I see him play for the fools in yellow and black for simply because they are in Iowa not freaking Ohio, anyways enough of my yapping. I guess, it’s a free world, just don’t regret. Lazard will be a pro baller this season and beyond.
If you don’t mind…paragraphs would be a big help, please.

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
I lost my attention span halfway through that post but Ross P started 4 years at Bama and won 2 nattys there sooo

Reactions: chadly82

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net
And the award for weirdest post of 2021 goes to......

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
And the award for weirdest post of 2021 goes to......
8533bff4-ccee-4a0d-afb9-6a1f352c26d4_text.gif