Dudley Blackwell (excited to be a Cyclone)

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Could be. He ain't done yet. Time will tell.
Never liked trying to establish greatest of all time in any sport. I think you can have the best of a generation, but then comparing the generations is where the analysis breaks down. I think Lebron is a generational great. My issue is that I also dont think he is as good a pure basketball player as a healthy Durant. But his durability and fortitude in big moments gives Lebron the nod.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Never liked trying to establish greatest of all time in any sport. I think you can have the best of a generation, but then comparing the generations is where the analysis breaks down. I think Lebron is a generational great. My issue is that I also dont think he is as good a pure basketball player as a healthy Durant. But his durability and fortitude in big moments gives Lebron the nod.

Health is a skill in sports.

Greatness don't mean anything if you're rarely available at 100%.

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK

Exactly. Durant has proven to be anything but an alpha on the court, and his body is about as fragile as scouts feared. But his skills for a guy who was taller than Andre Drummond when they were standing side by side really hasnt been seen.

But once again, this is Lebrons generation.

Reactions: Sigmapolis

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Durant needs to step his performance enhancement game up.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Exactly. Durant has proven to be anything but an alpha on the court, and his body is about as fragile as scouts feared. But his skills for a guy who was taller than Andre Drummond when they were standing side by side really hasnt been seen.

I agree on the injury stuff, but saying he's "proven to be anything but an alpha" on the Court is an odd statement. We just ignoring 2016-2018 when he was the Finals MVP 2 years in a row?

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK
I agree on the injury stuff, but saying he's "proven to be anything but an alpha" on the Court is an odd statement. We just ignoring 2016-2018 when he was the Finals MVP 2 years in a row?
I can say in Durants career that the only team that felt like his team was OKC. He was the best player at Golden State, but that was Curry's team. Lebron has been on super teams as well(nearly invented the concept) but has shown he can win shouldering the load in Cleveland. Durant has yet to prove that in my mind.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I can say in Durants career that the only team that felt like his team was OKC. He was the best player at Golden State, but that was Curry's team. Lebron has been on super teams as well(nearly invented the concept) but has shown he can win shouldering the load in Cleveland. Durant has yet to prove that in my mind.

In all of Lebron's championships he had quality teammates. The Big 3 with the Heat and Kyrie and Kevin Love with the Cavs.

Raywswartz

KC Chief
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 17, 2006

Amen. Availability is most important skill. And for what its worth, LeBron is the best overall individual player ever. Big strong fast , good shooter, driver, passer, rebounder and defender. If your honest with yourself, he is the choice.

• Haha
Reactions: harimad

isu83

May 5, 2010
Amen. Availability is most important skill. And for what its worth, LeBron is the best overall individual player ever. Big strong fast , good shooter, driver, passer, rebounder and defender. If your honest with yourself, he is the choice.
Maybe

Reactions: isutrevman

CaptainClutch

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 1, 2014

Go watch both finals that Durant won. The last minutes of the game the ball was stuck in KD’s hands and he delivered over and over again. The only reason the alpha side didn’t come out at OKC is because he had to play with one of the most over-alpha basketball players of all time and that is why KD left. Steph and Klay knew KD was the best hooper on that team and that is why he was taking everyone one on one.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
This thread should be euthanized

You ain't been around here long if you think a recruit thread meandering to a light discussion of NBA luminaries is deserving of euthanasia. I can think of threads that went way more off the rails to embarrassing places.