Douglas and Bowman AWOL...

cloneaholic

Apr 20, 2006
Douglas was treated unfairly according to his grandmother

Maeola Bowman said Anthony admitted to the crime but never had been in trouble before this incident.

‘‘All you gonna find out of this is Anthony got a hat, I think it was $30 hat. That was it. That was the end of it,’’ Maeola Bowman said. ‘‘All that embarrassment for a $30 hat? What he did was wrong, he knows that and he admitted that. But to be treated like he was was horrible.’’

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
Re: Douglas was treated unfairly according to his grandmother

Maeola Bowman said Anthony admitted to the crime but never had been in trouble before this incident.

‘‘All you gonna find out of this is Anthony got a hat, I think it was $30 hat. That was it. That was the end of it,’’ Maeola Bowman said. ‘‘All that embarrassment for a $30 hat? What he did was wrong, he knows that and he admitted that. But to be treated like he was was horrible.’’

Does not matter if he donated that $30 to charity. He still commited a felony to get it.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa

The thing about old people I love is that they can say somethign completely stupid and idiotic and you can say..."awww he/she is old, what else is he/she going to say?"

Stormin'

Jul 13, 2007

Ok, Grandma. It's not the fact that it was just a $30 hat, but the fact that he did it well knowing that it was wrong. Thats the bottom line. It's easy to say oh I'm sorry after you did something, when the better person would have never done anything. I thought they said they had racked up over $2000.00 in goods? So, only $30 of that was his? Sounds fishy.

jtdoyle1

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny, IA

That story was about Anthony Bowman. What does that have to do with Dominque Douglas being treated unfairly?

Plus it doesn't matter if it's only a $30 hat. You can go to jail for stealing $4 (and a cell phone)

AirWalke

Aug 7, 2006
Des Moines

It's admirable for his grandma to stick up for him, but stealing credit card information is what it is; it doesn't matter if you got a $30 hat or maxed out the card. Maeola sounds like she still thinks little Anthony is still 5 years old and got caught shoplifting...

Cyclonesrule91

Apr 10, 2006
Waukee

Well Grandma, sounds to me like you should have dug a little deeper and gave your nice little grandson the $30 so he could have bought himself a hat instead of using SOMEONE ELSE'S $30 to buy him his precious hat.

Sounds like she must have Half-zeimers to me to reason this crime that way.

AirWalke

Aug 7, 2006
Des Moines
Here's the link to the Register's story on it:

DesMoinesRegister.com

I think it'd be helpful to know exactly what was charged to the credit card after it was stolen. If it really was just a $30 charge for a hat, he may get a lesser punishment. I think many of us were under the impression the money in the facebook photos were directly from the credit card.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
A felony is a felony lady. Maybe your grandson shoudn't have been messing around with someone else's credit card, ever think of that? Berryman stole $4 and hit a guy and that was a felony. Doesn't matter the ammount of money involved. This sounds just like when Berryman's dad was defending him about how he was a good kid and such. If they were such good kids they wouldn't have put themselves in these situations.

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown

DesMoinesRegister.com

I think it'd be helpful to know exactly what was charged to the credit card after it was stolen. If it really was just a $30 charge for a hat, he may get a lesser punishment. I think many of us were under the impression the money in the facebook photos were directly from the credit card.

Or even better, the $$$ from the facebook photos were from another crime.

AirWalke

Aug 7, 2006
Des Moines
Or even better, the $$$ from the facebook photos were from another crime.

If it's something as paltry as money from their student loans, and they just wanted to have fun with it and show it off on facebook. Never jump to conclusions. :no:

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
If it's something as paltry as money from their student loans, and they just wanted to have fun with it and show it off on facebook. Never jump to conclusions. :no:

Read the arrest report. The report alleges ~2100(if I remember correctly), if he spent 2100 on a hat then the Hawks deserve him.

j

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa

I just don't understand why everyone is so willing to buy into everything these guys throw out there. Sure it could be that the Facebook money came from legal sources, just like the story says. But these are the same guys that lied to KF too. The story about finding the CC by a computer in the library doesn't sound like the rumors that were flying around when everything broke loose. All that facebook money could have come from some other illegal activities, or from a booster. I am not jumping to any conclusions, but I am also not willing to buy every load of BS that is coming from the Hawkeyes. (The post was not photoshopped):skeptical:

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
Your sweet little grandson is really showing how much of a class citizen with those facebook pictures.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha

DesMoinesRegister.com

I bet it was a UofI sting operation to leave the credit card near the computer - just like the Sen Craig stallmate who took kis business card and arrested him for tapping his feet.

herbiedoobie

Jan 3, 2007
Germany
You know, when parents/grandparents stick up for their thug, criminal offspring, it just shows where they got it from.

I think dear old gramma is probably a criminal thug, too. Sometimes, I just wish we could charge parents/grandparents and other thug enablers when they stick up for their little sub-human piece of filth that they've burdened our society with.