Dorm Stories

A liberal

Jan 15, 2007
Campus
Anybody have any old stories of life in the dorms back in the day? I know my uncles told me they used to have keggers in the dorms way back when.

Cyfan322

Mar 31, 2006
Ames
We couldn't have kegs last year but we had our fair share of partying. We lived right next door to the CA and only got busted 2 times all year. It was a great room to live in if you didn't care about school work. If you needed to get homework done then I feel sorry for you.

A liberal

Jan 15, 2007
Campus
What dorm was it and what dorms do you think are the party places? I originally wanted to live in Friley but living in MWL has been a lot better because so many people here get down on the weekends.

Cyclonesrule91

Apr 10, 2006
Waukee
My first year at the towers, you could have keggers on the floors and we also would fill up garbage containers with koolaid, punch and everclear. Kegger parties on the floor were AWESOME. I lived on the Gilman ZOO which was 5th floor of Wallace and was the wildest floor in the dormitory system at that time. The year before I got there, the floor was disbanded because a couple guys brought their motorcycles up on the elevator and had drag races down the hall way. Destroyed the carpet and all. I could tell some wicked stories about dormitory life. It was awesome.

I don't know if they do it now anymore, but we used to have floor presidents, vice presidents, treasurer's, secretary and would have floor meetings every week. We had this plastic elephant that would be handed out during floor meetings for doing to craziest thing during the week. When you won that, you got stripped down to your underwear, duct taped your wrists and ankles, stuck in a matress cover and we would deliver you down to one of the first 3 floors which were womens floors and let you get out and leave during their floor meetings(which were always between the elevators). Would probably be hazing now I suppose.

We also used to take the garbage containers used for the everclear punch parties, fill them with water and then tip them so when the elevator door closed, it would hold it until the door opened. Then we would punch a floor number where we knew they were having a floor meeting. The door would open and they would all be subject to a mini-Tsunami. Hilarious.

HILLCYD

Nov 22, 2006
I only lived in the dorms for my freshman year and it was terrible. Somehow I got put on a floor with 4 freshman and the rest were juniors and seniors. These guys rarely left their rooms and would crap their pants if a girl even looked at them. On my first day I was ready to rock and roll so I went up and down the halls trying to meet people and find out when the party was. What I found was a bunch of douche bags playing Nintendo and acting annoyed that I didn't want to do the same thing. I spent the next year everywhere else except my dorm floor. I was there to sleep and study. The only good thing was that it was quiet.

CYKXBUT

Jul 21, 2006
When you won that, you got stripped down to your underwear, duct taped your wrists and ankles, stuck in a matress cover and we would deliver you down to one of the first 3 floors which were womens floors and let you get out and leave during their floor meetings

Ah, yes the old "fartsack" :laugh8kb:

Cyclone62

Feb 1, 2007
Oldpeopleville
My freshman year, I pooped on the porch outside of the "Family Studies" building in the Old RCA Courtyard. It's what was there before that student success building that's there now.

jparker22

May 1, 2006
Ames
My freshman year, I pooped on the porch outside of the "Family Studies" building in the Old RCA Courtyard. It's what was there before that student success building that's there now.

You should not tell anyone about this. Seriously, don't tell any one. I would ask a Mod to delete your post if I were you...:laugh8kb:

Cyclonesrule91

Apr 10, 2006
Waukee
My Junior year we went to the library to "study" and there was a table at the bottom of the open stairwell you take if you walk straight into the library to go upstairs. There were a bunch of guys sitting there with papers all scattered over the table working on some project or something. I went up to the 4th floor and went to the bathroom and got as much soaking wet toilet paper as I could hold and tossed it over the ledge of the stairwell and 'THHHHHWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCKKKKKKKKK!!!!! Sounded like a shotgun going off. We had guys sitting in the vacinity so they could see it. Soaked everyone at the table from the chest up and a chunk of the toilet paper hit my buddy who was sitting 20 ft away. Man were they ticked off. I had to hide back in the computer desks until I could quit laughing so hard so it wasn't obvious who did it.

EggMcClone

Mar 19, 2006
Michigan
mylifeinthebasement.blogspot.com
The best part of living in Larch is that's where the athletes used to live so I got to play Goldeneye on Nintendo 64 with Fizer once (he was Oddjob) and Tinsley knocked on my friend's door to see if he had a condom he could use.
My buddy said, "umm, I don't have any but I could probably go find some."
"yeah, but she's on my bed now."

There's probably too many drunken stories to tell (or remember...) but we were definitely hellraisers.

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
We created our own traveling trophy. We bronzed a douche, mounted it on a wood base and awarded it at the weekly house meetings to our honorary douche of the week. It was truly an honor to be acknowledged by your peers for a job well done.

benjay

Mar 23, 2006
Knapp hall. Towers was awesome. Drank with our RA, had a kegger, had jungle juice and daiquiri parties, nonstop stupid human drinking tricks... I could tell you much more but I wouldn't want to incriminate myself. :)

I met most of my longterm college friends in towers. Our sophomore year, we all moved out and rented houses. Together we had possibly the biggest party circuit in ames for the next two years (until we turned 21), from Hyland, Sunset, Hunt, and Knapp streets.

I had fun in college.

Nedrick

Mar 21, 2006
Carroll, IA
www.jdesignllc.com
During the 1st week of school, our floor (8th floor Rothacker in Wilson) would make the freshmen go on a panty raid to our "sister" floor. One of the guys actually brought back some crotchless panties... Those were the days.

Also remember the jungle juice in the garbage cans. My wife tells of a time when she wanted to avoid drunkenness so she thought she'd play it safe by just eating the fruit. Didn't quite work out like she'd hoped:rolleyes5cz:

By the way, does anyone know if Wilson & Wallace will be torn down any time soon? I'd like to be there when they do it...

Last edited:

EggMcClone

Mar 19, 2006
Michigan
mylifeinthebasement.blogspot.com
We created our own traveling trophy. We bronzed a douche, mounted it on a wood base and awarded it at the weekly house meetings to our honorary douche of the week. It was truly an honor to be acknowledged by your peers for a job well done.
Ours was known as the Blackledge helmet and was named after a former housemember who would ride a shopping cart into the wall while wearing it. It had some rather explict drawings and a giant pink flower on it and you had to wear it and give a poem about what you did at the next house meeting.

Cyclonesrule91

Apr 10, 2006
Waukee
I think 6th floor in Wallace was Waltman?? and one time during a party one of their floor members came down and throw one of our den chairs out of our den window. One of my buddies crapped in a styrofoam cup and took it up there the next day and stuck it in their microwave and set it at full power for 99 minutes 99 seconds. Stunk up the floor Bigtime and ruined the microwave..

bmuff

Apr 7, 2006
My freshmen year, there was a guy who had a single room at the end of the hall. He moved his bed into a room with two other guys and they turned the open room into a bar. They had couches, TVs, a stereo and of course a bar w/ barstools. They even made up their own drinks like the Steel Vagina and the Aborted Fetus. The finally got busted near the end of the school year. Needless to say, people were hiding in their rooms as those guys were going door to door collecting on outstanding tabs. Being 18, I remember thinking that being able to walk down the hall and order a drink was the coolest thing ever.

BTW, we also had a traveling trophy...a gold dildo...given to the guy who did the craziest thing that week.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
You might want to include when you went to ISU because obviously some of the dorm policies have changed over the years and the days of having floor parties with kegs and stuff are long gone. Doesn't mean people still don't sneak them in but there was a time that kegs were ok and now if caught with one you'd probably get kicked out of the dorms.

I went from 98-02. MarioKart races all the time. We had 1 kid I think played Ninetendo 64 all night and slept during the day and basically was on the verge of getting kicked out of school for bad grades at 1 point. Pokey Stix, Pizza Pit specials and wings, BWR (Birch Welch Roberts) challenge, all kinds of good times that I could probably write pages on.

Also lived next to a guy one year that his girlfriend was a screamer and everyone on the floor knew when they were having sex because you could hear her clear down the hall.

And being a RA for almost 3 years I have plenty of stories of dumb things people did. My motto was I don't write people up cuz I'm a jerk, I write you up because you are being stupid enough to get caught which meant it had to be pretty obvious because I wasn't the type to go up and down the halls looking for any violation I could. This 1 poor kid in Towers I wrote up 3 times 1 semester. Once for being at a party that the door was wide open with a case of beer right near the door and couldn't be any more obvious, once when his RA, me, and 2 student security officers were just talking in the hall and he came stumbling down the hall with an open bottle of beer and hits the elevator button, looks at us and goes "oh sh*t!", and the 3rd time DPS had to come out at 3am in the morning because you could hear his stereo clear outside from the 4th floor but he never heard anyone knocking at his door to that was trying to get him to turn it off.

That's just a sampling of some of the boneheaded stories I had. I never had any "enemies" as a RA cuz everyone I wrote up knew I probably had cut them some slack somewhere else and the 1 time I did get them it was too hard to let pass.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron