Dorm Stories

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Towers.

Wrestling in the open area between the elevators.

Myself and one other person slam into the RA's door by accident.

Door flies open, splinters of wood everywhere.

Oh shi-.........

AirWalke

Aug 7, 2006
Des Moines
My freshmen year, there was a guy who had a single room at the end of the hall. He moved his bed into a room with two other guys and they turned the open room into a bar. They had couches, TVs, a stereo and of course a bar w/ barstools. They even made up their own drinks like the Steel Vagina and the Aborted Fetus. The finally got busted near the end of the school year.

I had someone on my floor do that my freshman year. He was a senior graduating in December, so for his last semester, him and his roommate built a custom loft that would allow for a bar to be built underneath. The funny thing was that he was best friends with the CA, so we never got caught! The energy left the floor after his departure though, and I've moved away since. Still, good times...

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
I had someone on my floor do that my freshman year. He was a senior graduating in December, so for his last semester, him and his roommate built a custom loft that would allow for a bar to be built underneath. The funny thing was that he was best friends with the CA, so we never got caught! The energy left the floor after his departure though, and I've moved away since. Still, good times...

Yeah my freshman year some guys did something like this too. The rooms were right across the hall from each other, 1 was really big and the other the smallest double room on the floor. They put all 4 lofts and some of the dressers and desks in the small room and all the couches and entertainment stuff in the big room which became the floor hangout since they had MarioKart 64 that at that time had just come out. Man we'd stay up all night playing that sometimes. The sad part is we'd figure out all the shortcuts and glitches so if you didn't know how to hit those you basically were doomed to lose and have to give up your spot for the next race.

CTAClone

Addict
Mar 28, 2006
Amerika
Had keggers when we weren't suppose to in the towers. Drilled a hole between two rooms. One room had the Keg, the other people with cups full of beer. Never got caught.

Crazy to hear people get busted for drinking in the halls. Never happened when I was there. I even threw a full beer at my RA's door after ISU lost to UCLA in the NCAA tournament and nothing happened to me.

Basically, my dorm daze were just a haze.

Cyclonesrule91

Apr 10, 2006
Waukee
You might want to include when you went to ISU because obviously some of the dorm policies have changed over the years and the days of having floor parties with kegs and stuff are long gone.

Was there from 86-91. The first year it all was legal, the rest were doing the same thing, just kept it a little more contained. I wouldn't trade those years for anything, except for maybe 4 more years of it again.

benjay

Mar 23, 2006
oh I was '99-'03

If you went to a party on Sunset from '00-'02 you probably paid us $5. :)

clones_jer

Apr 16, 2006
IA
Janitor closet open one time, we flipped the breaker main just for grins

hear this "WHAT THE FU**!!" come from our RAs room (he was a good guy) apparently had a 5+ page paper unsaved as we killed the power - it took a lot of drink buying before he talked to us again.

---

Freshman year, first night. RA walks in and asks us what we want, when we look confused he says, "i'm on a beer run, what do you want?" - what a great way to meet your RA.

isucyfan

Speechless
Apr 21, 2006
Saint Paul, MN
I was in Wallace (Nielsen floor) from 91-93. I can't say too much of what went on there, as I am not sure the statute of limitations is up. But one of my faves was hall bowling at 3 AM. You didn't want to be the guy at the end of the hall whose door was the "backstop." Hall Frisbee was a close second.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Attended ISU '97-'03

I lived in Roberts Harriman '00-'01, and we did quite a bunch of stupid crap all the time, mostly torturing each other.

"Pennying" our floormate's doors (where you continuously keep shoving pennies between the door and the jamb until the pressure on the door is so tight you cannot open it) was something we did quite often, so one nite we did that to this poor sap, and he was quite desperate to get out of his room. He decided he was going to take a pipe wrench to his deadbolt. BIG MISTAKE!!! He ended up reversing the deadbolt and the door could no longer be unlocked. May not sound like a big deal to a lot of you guys, but that's because you didn't have to go to the RA on duty to tell him what happened. He had to call in emergency maintenance and they didn't arrive until 3-4 in the morning. You see what it's like to be woken up at that time in the morning to what sounds like a jackhammer. Some were pissed. Others of us couldn't stop our laughter

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
Kehlenbeck - MWL early 80s....

Pissed in jars, leaned them against doors on different floor late at night. Threw mattresses and bricks our the windows doing severe property damage. Had noontime contests hucking fruit at the folks on the sidewalks on Lincolnway. Bottle rockets under the doors of your fellow floor members. The old shaving cream in folder trick. Penny-ing people in their rooms. Packing the 'vators then commencing to do a synchronized hop until it stopped then having to shimmy out between floors. Opening vator doors, which stopped the car, then pissing or dumping beer on top of the stalled car. Our house award was a dildo mounted to a hardhat.

Whoever owned the mustang with the sun roof - dude I am SO sorry about the brick thing.....

moo-u

Apr 12, 2006
sheldon
Oh Damn, the memories.....

we used to have keggers on the floor regularly as well (in McDonald...Helser) but if we were drinking by the bottle or can, rather than take the empties out, shucks...just toss em in the hall as they were consumed.

I remember one of the guys, Andy whatisname or something like that tried it with the door closed. Once.

Messy. Fun, but VERY messy

Oh, and the women of Rowe?
gol dang, that could get sorta messy :wink0st: too once in a while, but lots of fun as well.

m.

hursts

Apr 10, 2006
Here's a few, I lived in Knapp Hall at the Towers in the early 90s. We once had a kid who always left his door unlocked, so to teach him a lesson, we took everything out of his room and put it in the bathroom. And I mean everything! Another time we duck taped a kid to a chair and sent him down the elevator. My roomate once stole a Chicago Tribune paper machine from Welch and hauled it to our room. We later sent that down the elevator also. We put garbage cans full of water and put them in the elevator and had them empty onto a floor we didn't like. There were many more but those are a good sampling of life in the Towers in the early 90s.

JRCampy

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
I think 6th floor in Wallace was Waltman?? and one time during a party one of their floor members came down and throw one of our den chairs out of our den window. One of my buddies crapped in a styrofoam cup and took it up there the next day and stuck it in their microwave and set it at full power for 99 minutes 99 seconds. Stunk up the floor Bigtime and ruined the microwave..

6th floor Wallace was Hartman house... I know because I was RA of that floor for 3 years. Stupidest thing one of my residents did?? Stole a full keg of beer from a house party and brought it back to the floor the night I happened to be on duty. Stupidest thing I did?? Emptied the whole thing down the trashroom sink after I confiscated it. Kept the tapper though, still have it to this day. :wink0st:

I know my first year they had just bought a brand new microwave, was the crapping incident before Fall 99?? I think I would have seemed to remember the whole floor smelling like burnt poo... :rolleyes5cz:

-James

ia8manfan

Apr 12, 2006
Philadelphia
There were a couple of pretty good looking girls out suntanning in the Friley courtyard on a 55 degree day in April (obviously showing off to everyone in thier bikinis) so we all gathered the frost from our mini fridge freezers and made snowballs and attacked them from our windows on the 4th floor. They had no idea where they came from. So after b*tching about it for 5 minutes, they lay back down, then round 2 began. They learned their lesson after round 3.

moo-u

Apr 12, 2006
sheldon
one other thing..

we had our very own floor locksmith....better not mention his name, even tho the statute of limitation is long overwith HA....there was no such thing as a lock he couldn't make love to...

oooo, life was good....what else could ones heart desire ???....coming back to the room after a hard friday nite with one of the rowe vixen, finding the room full of a bunch of lyin, smokin, drunken mdducks, and then floppin down and enjoying beverages out of an antique Coke machine that had been swiped out of the old stadium....

m.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Here's a few, I lived in Knapp Hall at the Towers in the early 90s. We once had a kid who always left his door unlocked, so to teach him a lesson, we took everything out of his room and put it in the bathroom. And I mean everything! Another time we duck taped a kid to a chair and sent him down the elevator. My roomate once stole a Chicago Tribune paper machine from Welch and hauled it to our room. We later sent that down the elevator also. We put garbage cans full of water and put them in the elevator and had them empty onto a floor we didn't like. There were many more but those are a good sampling of life in the Towers in the early 90s.

Ha! Yeah we had one of these in Storms too and the guys were always doing things to his room. One day someone literally took his door off the hinges and hid it and he completely freaked out on us when he came back and found it missing. Funny thing is he always pulled pranks on everyone else and found it funny but not when it was on him. One other night they took all the light bulbs from his room and unplugged anything that had light then smeared KY jelly all over anywhere he might touch in the dark. He comes pounding on my door (the RA's) at like 2am the same morning I had an AM exam to complain about it. Me half awake: "Did you lock your door?" Him: "Well no..." Me: "Then don't ***** and moan to me about it, it's your own damn fault." and I shut my door on him.

Cyclonesrule91

Apr 10, 2006
Waukee
6th floor Wallace was Hartman house...
I know my first year they had just bought a brand new microwave, was the crapping incident before Fall 99?? I think I would have seemed to remember the whole floor smelling like burnt poo... :rolleyes5cz:

-James

The poo incident I was talking about was probably 88-89 and thanks for correcting me on the Waltman / Harman thing. Getting old you know and I think halfzeimers is starting to set in.

I worked at food service the first years I was there and I used to take crates full of white milk 6 oz cartons and take them up to my room and let them sit in my closet till they were like cottage cheese. Then when the idiots who parked in the 10 min only parking for nights and not get tickets became my target. One night this particular female who was very fond(and well traveled) by the football players was walking out to her car and got to the other side when I plastered the top of her New Yorker and coated her with putrid rotten milk. Somehow she figured out what room it came from, brought up her football studs and proceeded to threaten me and took my boom box until I coughed up $20 to wash her car. After I cleaned my shorts and thought about it, I felt I could have got out of that situation a lot worse then I did.:wink0st:

One night a bunch of us Gilman ZOO'ers went to a strip club about 1 1/2 hours west of Ames and the guys bet me I couldn't get the stripper to come home with us. I succeeded and her and I and 5 other buddies fit into Chuddy's early 70's impala and brought her all the way back to the Towers. As we were walking into Wallace, she said she needed to use the bathroom before she came up and asked us what floor I was on. I pointed her to the commons area bathroom and told her I was on 6th floor and would be waiting for her. Then the rest of us went back up to 5th floor and went to sleep. Still don't know how she got home. Almost feel bad for that one..:sweet:

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Ok, so you got a stripper to go back with you than you just ditched her? Something's wrong there, at least kick her out after getting a show or lap dance or something out of it unless she was just plain nasty. May have even made some money on the deal if you woke up everyone on the floor for a private showing or something.

The rotten milk thing is kinda gross, didn't your room smell nasty while it was going rotten?

wonkadog

Apr 17, 2006
Ames, IA
Re: Kehlenbeck - MWL early 80s....

Pissed in jars, leaned them against doors on different floor late at night. Threw mattresses and bricks our the windows doing severe property damage. Had noontime contests hucking fruit at the folks on the sidewalks on Lincolnway. Bottle rockets under the doors of your fellow floor members. The old shaving cream in folder trick. Penny-ing people in their rooms. Packing the 'vators then commencing to do a synchronized hop until it stopped then having to shimmy out between floors. Opening vator doors, which stopped the car, then pissing or dumping beer on top of the stalled car. Our house award was a dildo mounted to a hardhat.

Whoever owned the mustang with the sun roof - dude I am SO sorry about the brick thing.....

Wow, that's it?? Man, and I thought knocking on people's doors and running away at 2am was bad...:baffled5wh:

Cyclonesrule91

Apr 10, 2006
Waukee
Ok, so you got a stripper to go back with you than you just ditched her? Something's wrong there, at least kick her out after getting a show or lap dance or something out of it unless she was just plain nasty. May have even made some money on the deal if you woke up everyone on the floor for a private showing or something.

The rotten milk thing is kinda gross, didn't your room smell nasty while it was going rotten?

As much as I could build on the stripper story, the truth is she was not the best looking thing in the world. I think she might have had all her teeth, but they had a brown tinge to them that kinda put a little fear in us.

The milk didn't get rotten smelling because it was sealed up in the milk carton. Once it was open, it was rank, but I tried to keep em sealed until impact if you know what I mean. All I know is when the carton hit concrete, it left a white 10ft diameter circle on there for quite a few hours and if it was hot, the walk up to the elevators was less then optimum conditions.....:baffled5wh:

Help Support Us

Become a patron