Donations to Cyclone Club and Gridiron Club..

Nov 16, 2006
Where does the money actually go ? Anyone know and want to spell out the percentages for me ? Thanks in advance.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
Gridiron goes to the football team only. CPR gets the check from teh GIC and spends it on what the needs of the program are. Extra stuff that the general funds dont cover.

NCC goes to running the athletic dept.

gondozors

Apr 11, 2006
NCC goes to the scholarship funds for all the athletes. Gridiron goes specifically for football. NCC dollars do qualify you for better seats as a season ticket holder and/or parking depending upon your annual giving level. Gridiron has exclusive member events & your dollars stay with football. Both are good causes & tax deductible.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
CPR said that they were looking at using Gridiron funds to buy some new furniture for the locker room and some new graphics for the hallways of the Olsen Bldg among other things. From what I remember, there was some weight room equipment they were looking at and I believe they also use the money to buy supplements. I think in the past, they've used the money to bring in (or fly assistants to) NFL coaches to learn new strategies, schemes, etc.

That money is definitely put to good use.

Nov 16, 2006
Thanks again. I'm just thinking that I'd rather buy season tickets to FB (6th straight year) MBB (first year) , and WBB (first year) and not make a donation to either club. The dollars add up, no matter what. Again, this is just my personal opinion.

hursts

Apr 10, 2006
I know this isn't the most popular option right now, but why isn't there a thing like the Gridiron Club for basketball?

This question comes purely from personal curiosity.
I'm not sure enough people would be interested in a club like that right now.

clonecard

Oct 21, 2006
Gridiron Club - By laws are very very specific that all income goes for football (only)related exependitures, specifically off budget needs. That means it cannot be spent on normal operating expenses but for special needs. Several yrs ago asst coaches went to a one on one instructional seminar with a very successful program and Gridiron funds paid the transportation/housing expenses. Many of the lockerroom improvements were paid for by the Gridiron dollars. Money does not go to the AD. The fund is jointly administered by the head Coach & the AD with the president/board of the Gridiron Club having oversight of how the money is spent.

Mar 9, 2010
I've always told myself that if I win the lottery or something, I would give an obscene amt ($10-$20 mil) to the ISU athletic dept. and never have to worry about getting tickets again.

JRE1975

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 12, 2006
Lakewood Ranch, FL
The Gridiron Club got started in the BVD days when he kept cutting back on money for football, and it ****** off a lot of people, including me!

The NCC money is just like buying season tickets to any sport, it goes to fund the overall operations of the Athletic Department. Some say it goes to scholarships, but it is a revenue line just like anything else and is actually more than what is spent on scholarships anyway.