Donate to Haiti

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
Got a link for people to read more about it? Who manages it and such? Is it a Red Cross program or somebody who will get it there?

Thx.

Celeron

Nov 22, 2006
In all seriousness the best way to deal with Haiti is to clear everyone out of there and level the place. I don't think it's smart to rebuild anything. I'd triple my donation if that was the plan.

HiltonMagic

Apr 12, 2006
CA
Visit site
Also,

Haitian-American rapper Wyclef Jean's foundation to rebuild Haiti, Yéle, is also accepting text-message donations. Text "Yele" to 501501 to donate $5, which will be added to your next phone bill. You can also donate via the Yéle Foundation's website.

EDIT: The website is: http://www.yele.org/

Last edited:

HiltonMagic

Apr 12, 2006
CA
Visit site
In all seriousness the best way to deal with Haiti is to clear everyone out of there and level the place. I don't think it's smart to rebuild anything. I'd triple my donation if that was the plan.

yeah, how about we ship them to your house. :skeptical:

LeSchmick

Dec 14, 2008
Urbandale

What makes you think that is the BEST way to deal with this place? Most short sighted ignorant post of the new year so far.

aauummm

May is National Walking Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
http://www.yele.org/

Also,

Haitian-American rapper Wyclef Jean's foundation to rebuild Haiti, Yéle, is also accepting text-message donations. Text "Yele" to 501501 to donate $5, which will be added to your next phone bill. You can also donate via the Yéle Foundation's website.
Online, the website that you reference is: Yele Haiti - UPDATES

Celeron

Nov 22, 2006
Most short sighted ignorant post of the new year so far?

Haiti was a garbage dump before the earthquake. It had little clean water, no sewer system, extreme evironmental problems, and rampant disease problems. Now it has all these problems times about a billion.
Of course we need to get down and help with the medical and rescue but when it comes to rebuilding we seriously need to consider some other options. There have been about 10 major disasters there in the last decade. They haven't even come close to recovering from the storms from last year. We need to get people out of there and clean the place up. People shouldn't live in a place like Haiti with pre-quake conditions. That place is going to deteriorate even further now and we'll set up some shelters and rebuild some building but it would take tens of billions to make that place a non-garbage dump.

ianoconnor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2007
Johnston
Let's not turn this into an argument. The bottom line is that the people of Haiti need our help. They don't care what the "best" plans are going forward. They desparately need our assistance ASAP.