3. Oklahoma 61
4. West Virginia 57
5. K-State 50
6. TCU 34
T7. Iowa State 28
Texas Tech 28
9. Oklahoma State 23
10. Kansas 15

I've only seen K-State in person and Ku on the telly. The J'hawks aren't very good just yet.

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
I would say that from a preseason perspective its pretty accurate. We were a train wreck last year and didn't have a highly touted recruiting class.

Reactions: Jer

CintiClone

Nov 10, 2009
I would have put us at 5th. I don't see KSU being within 7 points of WVU, but not sure we are there either. We are closer than KSU though.

The last game last year I watched Dayton destroy us and CBF let it happen. I agree with his coaching in that game. What I saw was Moody and company left to their own devices. If you watch the second half, there is very little coaching done during timeouts, etc. and the leadership of the team was allowed to do what they felt best. This is not Bill's style, especially in a tournament game. There are almost always adjustments taking place, players taken out to instruct then put back in.

What I expected to happen this year is happening. The team is playing like a team again, listening to the coaching, and overall from what little I have been able to see they are just a happier bunch and more fun to watch on the court. There is more ball movement and everyone appears to be involved. That alone should be worth moving us past TCU and Tech. The cupboard isn't devoid of talent.

ISU71

Jan 16, 2013
I would have put us at 5th. I don't see KSU being within 7 points of WVU, but not sure we are there either. We are closer than KSU though.

The last game last year I watched Dayton destroy us and CBF let it happen. I agree with his coaching in that game. What I saw was Moody and company left to their own devices. If you watch the second half, there is very little coaching done during timeouts, etc. and the leadership of the team was allowed to do what they felt best. This is not Bill's style, especially in a tournament game. There are almost always adjustments taking place, players taken out to instruct then put back in.

What I expected to happen this year is happening. The team is playing like a team again, listening to the coaching, and overall from what little I have been able to see they are just a happier bunch and more fun to watch on the court. There is more ball movement and everyone appears to be involved. That alone should be worth moving us past TCU and Tech. The cupboard isn't devoid of talent.

It would appear that Ms. Moody was more of a cancer to the team than anyone ever let on or talked about??

CintiClone

Nov 10, 2009
It would appear that Ms. Moody was more of a cancer to the team than anyone ever let on or talked about??

It has been dissected numerous times on this board.

Not sure how much of a cancer, but for whatever reason there was a lot of standing around when we were on offense. From my perspective she may have played favorites, but I can't see what she saw at court level. There were times the open person didn't get a look, but that happens. She is/was very talented and a lot of the stagnation on offense was attributed to everyone else looking to her. A good leader involves everyone else and empowers them, however. The failure for that to happen can be attributed to a number of things.

How's that for a non-committal answer? Bottom line, I would not go so far to call her a cancer, but the team is better as a team without her. Cupcakes on the schedule so far help with that. We shall see what happens when adversity strikes and the schedule toughens up.

To clarify my first post, the relationship between coach and player had clearly deteriorated by the end of the season last year to the detriment of the team.

geewago

Jan 1, 2013
Waco,tx
I suspect the ranking is fairly close to right. Mulk voted for TX and all the other coaches gave their vote to BU. TX is experiencing some growing pain adjustments. They may not be quite as good as we first thought. Based on ISUs play so far I definitely think they are better then tied for 7th. However the middle teams are going to destroy each other from night to night. I'm thinking ISU should at least manage a 5th place finish. Hopefully better.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Sagarin ...

WOMEN
1. Baylor 18-0, 29-1
2. Kansas State 12-6, 23-7
2. Oklahoma 12-6, 23-7
2. Oklahoma State 12-6, 21-6
2. Texas 12-6, 18-11
2. West Virginia 12-6, 24-6
7. Iowa State 5-13, 14-15
7. TCU 5-13, 13-16
9. Texas Tech 2-16, 10-19
10. Kansas 0-18, 4-25

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
You all do know Moody was GONE last year, no?

Good grief, let it go.

I was thinking I was in the twilight zone with all the Moody talk. That's ancient history now. And Dayton? Wow.

Opened thread...checked post dates and figured some sort of time warp (old Star Trek repeat is on in the background on BBC).

Just channel flipped to South Carolina vs. Texas to get things back into the current space time continuum.