Do you think we can get Floyd to come back??

MelMel

Oct 24, 2009
Eustachy has coached 18 full seasons in D1. 11 of those seasons he finished with 18 or more wins. 13 of those seasons he finished with winning records. He's 325-214 in 18 full seasons or an average record of 18 - 11.9.

If you take away Southern Miss, which is one of the worst jobs in D1 of teams in conferences between power conferences and high mid majors (C-USA), then he's 260 - 145 in 13 seasons or average record offff 20 - 11.2

So all this BS Tinsley ****...how many years did Tinsley play for him again?

This makes no sense at all, everyone knows Eustachy won 6 titles at 3 Division 1 schools in a 9 year span all because of Jamaal Tinsley!

:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
This makes no sense at all, everyone knows Eustachy won 6 titles at 3 Division 1 schools in a 9 year span all because of Jamaal Tinsley!

:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

He has two good years at ISU, both conveniently with JT. He's never won at the high-major level without the man.

Stay classy.

MelMel

Oct 24, 2009
You're a pleasant fellow, aren't you?

Little trend to your posts in a topic that's been beaten to death years ago:
1) You must be right, because you said so.
2) If someone disagrees, said person is an idiot, and progressively proven to be dumber by virtue of continuing to disagree.

Someone may or may not agree, but you're apparently insecure enough to pull the Internet Tough Guy act. That's good stuff.

I couldn't care less what your opinion is. Go back to bashing Floyd, Eustachy, McCarney, Todd Blythe or whichever other former Cyclone great you feel like hating on today.

Last edited:

marothisu

Jun 15, 2009
NYC
He has two good years at ISU, both conveniently with JT. He's never won at the high-major level without the man.

Stay classy.

2 good years and a decent one where we went second round of the NIT and then his same players the next year basically went to NIT final four.

MelMel

Oct 24, 2009
That's cute. I think I'll do just that.

But thanks for letting me know that you care. That's much appreciated.

I have no doubt you will. Hating on ISU greats is clearly your M.O. just like ripping apart the sad posters who do it is mine.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
Look at his stint at Iowa State.

With Tinsley: 32-5 (14-2), 25-6 (13-3)
Without Tinsley: 15-15 (6-10), 12-19 (4-12), 17-14 (5-11)

What about him? Do you ever think before you post or just blab the first thing that comes to your mind which has no logic at all? Lickliter had a run of success at 1 school that was a powerhouse before he took over and had won 3 conference titles the previous four years and been to the postseason 5 straight times. None of the coaches preceeding Eustachy EVER won a conference title at that school.

Lickliter wasn't successful at 3 different schools that had no historical success. He didn't sign the best player ever to play college basketball in the state of Iowa. He didn't win back to back Big 10 titles. He didn't coach Iowas best team in history and possibly the best team in the country. He didn't go undefeated for 2+ years at Carver Hawkeye and have one of the longest home winning streaks in the country.

Possibly your worst post yet which is a really impressive feat.

Stay classy.
Holy ****! Someone that got the point!

Jamaal Tinsley made Larry Eustachy.

MelMel

Oct 24, 2009
CycloneErik, I'm dying right now laughing. :biglaugh::biglaugh:

Since you think Todd Lickliter is a better coach than Larry Eustachy you probably die laughing constantly for no reason and have to wear a bib when you eat too.

MontyBurns

Jan 27, 2008
Todd Lickliter. 3 conference titles in 8 years.
Larry Eustachy: 6 in 18 years.

Lick > Eusctachy

Good comparison:

Lickliter:
8 years
164-104 overall (.788)
3 conference titles (38%)
2 NCAA's (25%)

Eustachy:
18 years
334-219 overall (.603)
6 conference titles (33%)
3 NCAA's (17%)

Lickliter has better results across the board even considering the Eustachy inherited a loaded team from Floyd and Lickliter inherited a dumpster fire from Alford. Lickliter also left the Butler program in good shape while Eustachy left the ISU program in much worse shape than when he arrived.

The bottom line is that both have been good low- to mid-major coaches, but, like Greg McDermott, that success hasn't translated into success at the major conference level.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
Why was Tim Floyd looking to get out of USC by interviewing at Arizona & Memphis?

Why did he resign?

Why did USC let him walk away from his contract without trying to keep him on?

Why hasn't he defended himself against any of the accusations?

He is innocent until proven guilty, but so far he has done everything possible to portray himself as a disgraced cheater.

BVD's results speak for themselves. Facts tend to do that.

BVD's results? You mean the guys that were already here because Gene Smith hired them, right?

Do you honestly believe the **** that you say? I can't imagine there is a human being dumb enough to buy into that crap. If you aren't just trying to stir the pot by being an *** hole, you're a colossal moron.

MontyBurns: The only Cyclone "fan" who believes that Bruce Van DeVelde was a competent AD.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
BVD's results? You mean the guys that were already here because Gene Smith hired them, right?

Do you honestly believe the **** that you say? I can't imagine there is a human being dumb enough to buy into that crap. If you aren't just trying to stir the pot by being an *** hole, you're a colossal moron.

MontyBurns: The only Cyclone "fan" who believes that Bruce Van DeVelde was a competent AD.

I'm sure that it was BVD's inspiring leadership that pushed them over the top to their greatest heights of excellence. And then the money rolled in, and the facilities were improved, and excitement and hope filled all the land.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron