Do you think we can get Floyd to come back??

ISU4Life

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 15, 2008
This.

Everybody close to the situation will tell you the exact same thing. The story/accusations are "too good to be true."

Floyd was a fall guy to protect the FB program.

Who do you know that is close to the situation, oh that's right, no one. Anybody can read a blog and take it for truth.

cykadelic2

Jun 10, 2006
Except without Tinsley, LE is worse record wise than Mac.

You got it. The way things are going now with LE, he may get fired at USM after this season. And the last thing the program needs are unqualifed guys like Hoiberg and Hornacek who have no prior HS, college, or pro coaching experience.

Last edited:

Final42b

Jan 4, 2009
Ames
Simply put...NO. He wouldnt want to and we wouldnt want to bring in a convicted cheater.

cykadelic2

Jun 10, 2006
No, he is accused of doing that.

The only evidence of it is the accusation.

Guilty until proven innocent?

TF is never going to coach again at the college level. He was an idiot to get involved with Mayo and his posse in the first place (especially after the USC football program had previously got in trouble with one of Mayo's runners) and now the current USC staff and players have to pay the price which is really sad.

herbicide

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
sorry accused, but its pretty much obvious that he did at this point you dont just randomly resign after saying how much you love the job...

Its not obvious at all if you research beyond the story's headline.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
No, he is accused of doing that.

The only evidence of it is the accusation.

Guilty until proven innocent?

Yes, innocent men step down all the time. That's really all the proof I need. I also don't know why the middle man would make that story up. I suppose that Pete Carroll was guilty of nothing as well. I don't buy the fall guy stuff. I think both programs are dirty and I think both will see consequences eventually. Tim Floyd was dirty. Whether the accusation I stated is true or not. If he didn't do anything he would have fought it. Unless he is an idiot, that is.

herbicide

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
TF is never going to coach again at the college level. He was an idiot to get involved with Mayo and his posse in the first place (especially after the USC football program had previously got in trouble with one of Mayo's runners) and now the current USC staff and players have to pay the price which is really sad.

I doubt he will ever return to college either, partly due to the baggage, and partly due to him making more coin in the NBA.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
I would love Tim Floyd back at ISU.
If Rodriguez can keep his job at Mich with all the violations there, then we can sure take Floyd.
And unlike RR, Floyd wins...

herbicide

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
Yes, innocent men step down all the time. That's really all the proof I need. I also don't know why the middle man would make that story up. I suppose that Pete Carroll was guilty of nothing as well. I don't buy the fall guy stuff. I think both programs are dirty and I think both will see consequences eventually. Tim Floyd was dirty. Whether the accusation I stated is true or not. If he didn't do anything he would have fought it. Unless he is an idiot, that is.

FWIW, I heard that the university told Floyd they would not stand behind him, they did not want to risk either program getting further infractions.

The NCAA is not immune to playing politics.

clone52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 27, 2006
Not to throw this team under the bus, but I think we know what the future holds at ISU. I want to like McD but if he can't do it with this group of talent he will not be able to get it done with anybody. So in the sport of it a few of my buddies and I were talking about this last night Who is some coaching talent out there and what would be the odd ball chance we could get Floyd back here and would we want him???

I don't want someone that pays recruits.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
I would love Tim Floyd back at ISU.
If Rodriguez can keep his job at Mich with all the violations there, then we can sure take Floyd.
And unlike RR, Floyd wins...

All the violations? They had the "too much work" incident which never proved to be anything, just a Detroit Free Press writer taking a shot and causing a lot about nothing. RR will win more than Floyd ever did. I am willing to take bets on that.

MelMel

Oct 24, 2009
LE can't recruit for squat.

You have no clue what you are talking about. He had problems but recruiting was not one of them.

ALL THE FOLLOWING COMMITTED TO ISU IN ONLY 5 YEARS WHILE HE WAS COACH:

Jamaal Tinsley
Kantrail Horton
Tyray Pearson
Jake Sullivan
Jared Homan
Jackson Vroman
Tim Barnes
Curtis Stinson
Will Blaylock
Adam Haluska
Shane Power
Damien Staple
Tim Barnes
Ernest Brown

If you you think that list isn't extremely impressive in only a 5 year period at a school like ISU then you need to stop posting anything on ISU basketball because you have absolutely ZERO credibility and are just wasting everyones time with incredibly stupid opinions.