Do we get an apology from the Big XII Monday?

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
I'd just like to know what the conspiracy theorists think the B12's end game is here. So far I liked the theory that Bowlsby has spent his whole career working to become B12 commissioner just to troll ISU.
I'll start this by saying I think it's more likely that the big 12 officiating crew simply favors the better teams, either on purpose, or as a mental bias. In that case, Iowa State keeps getting hosed because we aren't one of the good teams.

As for "the big 12's end game": depending on what the vote was for, maybe the refs don't like Iowa State, and that's why we keep getting hosed.

Cyfan1843

Jun 30, 2009
Ames
Love the fact JP sticks up for my school. People who don't understand stand what he did never played competitive sports or did go to ISU

spelhome

Jan 19, 2012
Woodward, Iowa
you're wrong. I did both. And he was wrong in how he did it.

so, tell us, what would have been the right way? The way he has done it so far, each time we have been jobbed by extremely poor officiating? That is what we are talking about. Should be consequences for that, whether we are a good team or not.

DCR

Jun 11, 2010
look...it's a judgment call. The refs thought it looked good and frankly, it could have gone either way. Do I agree...No. But for God's sake. catch the damn ball on the kick off. It's a fundamental rule for ANY return guys. The ball is caught EVERY SINGLE TIME.

The refs called it no good on the field. You have to have indisputable evidence to over turn the call and you did not have that!

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
In football Iowa State has gotten hosed by the replay wayyy more than even the field refs. That should not happen and indicates a clear bias as the replay officials have all the time and camera evidence possible. We were way better off before replay was brought into college football. Man, as bad as the Big X is in football, the scheduling and refs make it look awfully tempting.

Gossamer

Apr 10, 2014
The refs called it no good on the field. You have to have indisputable evidence to over turn the call and you did not have that!
and they thought they had it. Subjective. Excuses. Exactly why we are ISU football.

Gossamer

Apr 10, 2014
Competitive badminton and chess don't count
i know...you were probably an all american in all your sports. And that makes you most qualified to comment. listen big guy...who is probably licking cheetos dust off his fingers, I think he was wrong...you think he was right. We'll have to agree to disagree.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
After Texas FB,KU BB, and today, and maybe I'm forgetting some other ones. I was surprised by JP going off but I was glad he did. I don't know believe it will change things but at least he voiced his opinion.

PabloDiablo

Feb 10, 2011
Omaha, NE
i'm not engaging in basketball talk. This is about football. It DOES happen to all team. EVERY team in the nation things they get screwed at some point. Do you watch and pay attention to ALL teams to make that point? I don't care about what happened in other games because I don't believe for one second that people are told to or engage in hosing ISU athletics as a whole. Are bad calls made? Yes! Do they go against us? YEs! Is it all the time? NO! F'ing get over it already and if we put a quality product on the field, it won't matter. We won't agree...you think one thing, i think another. I don't care about apology letters. I care about results...and we DON"T PRODUCE THEM.

The problem is it does go against us all the time. When was the last time something happened and one of these calls went our way? JP indicated in his rant that at some point he voted for something to change in the big 12 and we have paid for it ever since. I sure would like to know what that was and if it had to do with referee accountability. He feels like we are paying for his vote, if that's true, then there is trouble on the horizon.

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
NOTHING WENT DOWN! Stop! We didn't get a call...it's not a conspiracy. You REALLY think the refs in the Big 12 care about a team that NEVER does anything?

You are blind if you think they made the right call. YOU REALLY THINK THEY MADE THE RIGHT CALL? YOU THINK THe RUNNER WAS OBVIOUSLY IN THE ENDZONE? DO YOU THINK BIBBS WAS NOT OBVIOUSLY GRABBED AND HELD WHILe BREAKING WIDE OPEN FOR A TOUCHDWN IN THE FIRST HALF?

Did you even watch the game?

I have no problem admitting we probably lose the game anyway, but why do we have to fight through those bad calls? Why can't we be spotted 7-14 points like OSU was today?

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
I think that it's a combination. First off, the big power teams in the conference (UT, OU, OSU) are going to get calls that the lower teams don't. That's the reason why Mangino went off on the refs when he was at KU. Second, I do think that they have it in for ISU. That's because Pollard voted in favor of some ref issue a few years ago and because CPR called them out after the UT game last year. I think that if you combine those two things, if a call is debatable or in doubt, it's going to go against ISU.

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
What Pollard really needed was the rest of America to rally behind him to put pressure on the big 12. Instead it seems like most of what I've read from other fan bases think it's just whiny.

Which is too bad. If it blew up on social media big things coulda happened

clonehome

Jul 29, 2006
I think the Big XII office has an inferiority complex and tries to prop up its better teams when it can. OSU loses to Iowa St today and they may not be ranked the rest of the year. KU loses that basketball game to ISU and they lose the #1 seed in the tourney. Texas gets all kinds of cover all the time. May not be a conscious effort by the officials, but seems to happen a lot. Sadly, Bill Snyder overcomes it, we don't.

Cloneman89

Sep 28, 2014
Tired of looking like whiny babies - team sucks and the coaches aren't much better. Let's join the ACC as 16th team and be done with this lousy conference.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I think it needed to be said, however he should have chosen his moment. The call happening in the first half of a game did affect the momentum and probably affected the game a little more than most people think. However, perception is pretty important in something like this and what everyone sees is an unfortunate call in the first half of a game that ISU lost by 17 and was losing worse until the last couple of minutes of the game.

I tend to think that Coach told him that he was going to say something and Jamie told him not to, that he would do it instead. This would be a "second offense" for CPR as far as the Big 12 would be concerned so they would drop the hammer harder. I don't have inside information, just my guess.