Do not release Wes

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
Release him but first make him come back to Ames and tell it to his team, the coaching staff, and Pollard face to face. Then make him sign a waiver that says he cannot go to any BCS conference school or any team that made post season play the past 5 years.

Dolokaju

Jun 8, 2006
Wes leaving when and how he did was a double whammy. Wasn't VanderBeeken's teammate high on ISU...Tell him he has a big chance to start and its a different story...

I say this, release Wesley then have the NCAA stick a microscope up his !@# to see if there is any $$ involved(I do truly hope there isn't).

Then give the schollie for this year to a guy like Sean Haluska or Cameron Lee who busted their butts for us and wanted to be here...

Flag Guy

Mar 2, 2007
Yeah, I honestly never thought I would say it... But right now I have more respect for AH than I do Wes...

So... if Wes ever plays in Hilton again I assume the crowd will be so kind as to Boo him every single second he has the ball? :biggrin:

Damn well better anyways... assuming he uh, doesn't use his best judgement and makes the mistake of returning in anything other than a Cyclone Jersey... (And we know that won't happen)

Ames

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 5, 2006
I think Mac HAS to release him at some point in the next month or so. If we don't every coach we are recruiting against will make up a bunch of BS and point towards that as an example...
They will point to this and say one of our best players didn't get along with Mac, Mac is mean to players, and who knows what else. Not releasing isn't going to hurt recruiting; what's going to be said about this to hurt us in recruiting gets said no matter what.

BigBake

Mar 17, 2006
U'dale
Can we wait long enough to force him to pay his way next year. Say like release his scholly round Nov 1st.

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.
There's no reason to drag this out. Release him. We don't gain anything by not doing so.

I respectfully disagree. At this point there is no reason to rush into any action. I say let the people in the program satisfy themselves as to appropriate action once they've had more time to investigate.

JHpsyclonz

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa City
I know Jackson personally and he may have liked to party, but he laid it all out there on the court and if he wouldn't have screwed up his wrist so badly when he was with the Hornets there is no doubt he would still be in the league. He is a great guy and I will always consider him a friend. Of course I have never met Wes, but I don't think I could ever say the same about him.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
I hope McD can win ISU. He handled the presser very well and told it like it is. He seemed shook up over the deal still, is very upset about it, and still confused on it all. He seems like a good person and class act and only 1 person knows why he is getting this treatment at ISU. He did the presser the right way. After today I am a bigger McD fan. He will get it done, sooner than most of us think and hope.

After seeing the presser this whole things gets odder odder by the min. It almost seems like Wes is in the middle of something that is out of his control.