DirecTV cut Versus - Bad News for ISU

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
There should be lots of bars that have the game on. At least I hope so or I will be listening on the radio.

clones26

Nov 8, 2006
Urbandale
good news for me...an excuse to go over to a friends house and drink his beer and not have to mow the lawn at halftime. Thanks DirectTV!

jumbopackage

Sep 18, 2007
Versus is basically trying to extort DirecTV because they spent a bunch of money on acquiring rights to NHL, tour de France and a bunch of other stuff. They want money out of DirecTV because this is their first major re-negotiation since acquiring said rights. DirecTV doesn't have a problem paying the price, but doesn't want to leave Versus on the same tier they are currently on because it would mean a rate increase for all of their customers.

Versus doesn't want that, and so there is a bit of an impasse. I think I'll side with DirecTV on this one, just as I sided with Mediacom on the Big Ten Network ordeal.

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
Versus is basically trying to extort DirecTV because they spent a bunch of money on acquiring rights to NHL, tour de France and a bunch of other stuff. They want money out of DirecTV because this is their first major re-negotiation since acquiring said rights. DirecTV doesn't have a problem paying the price, but doesn't want to leave Versus on the same tier they are currently on because it would mean a rate increase for all of their customers.

Versus doesn't want that, and so there is a bit of an impasse. I think I'll side with DirecTV on this one, just as I sided with Mediacom on the Big Ten Network ordeal.

If I'm not mistaken, you have made comments in the past that DirecTV is a premium over Dish Network because they don't get into contract disputes with channels. Granted, I agree with everything you say, but it seems like DirecTV being a "premium" should mean they just pay the price and move on.

If I'm thinking of someone else, I apologize.

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
If I'm not mistaken, you have made comments in the past that DirecTV is a premium over Dish Network because they don't get into contract disputes with channels. Granted, I agree with everything you say, but it seems like DirecTV being a "premium" should mean they just pay the price and move on.

If I'm thinking of someone else, I apologize.

You are probably thinking of me because I have made that argument and I am dismayed by this situation.

However...my sister happens to have Dish and she lives close soooo not too annoyed.

HILLCYD

Nov 22, 2006
I can understand Directv's position. For the most part, Versus has very little to offer with the exception of a few football games a year.

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
I can understand Directv's position. For the most part, Versus has very little to offer with the exception of a few football games a year.

I love Versus, they have some great hunting shows and alot of other sports that normally wouldn't be on TV. I probably have about 5 or 6 different shows on series recording on my DVR from Vs.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron