Devondrick Nealy

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK
I am not putting my eggs in this basket. He sounds like a smart kid who liked ISU and hopefully the staff wins this one. But from what I see on recruiting sites, Dee Hart will not end up at Michigan. It sounds like he is going to want to play with his teammate, Clinton-Dix, and Dix is not going to UM.

My guess is that once he decommits, Michigan will come calling again, and Nealy will end up there.

This staff has worked a lot of prospects really hard to try and get them to ISU, and they need a win here. If we keep losing these battles these coaches will be looking for a way out of the pit of despair that is Ames.

Clone9

Nov 12, 2006
Boston, MA
I am not putting my eggs in this basket. He sounds like a smart kid who liked ISU and hopefully the staff wins this one. But from what I see on recruiting sites, Dee Hart will not end up at Michigan. It sounds like he is going to want to play with his teammate, Clinton-Dix, and Dix is not going to UM.

My guess is that once he decommits, Michigan will come calling again, and Nealy will end up there.

This staff has worked a lot of prospects really hard to try and get them to ISU, and they need a win here. If we keep losing these battles these coaches will be looking for a way out of the pit of despair that is Ames.

I guess we can't expect a guy who is a Sonics and a Royals fan to be brimming with confidence, huh?

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville

I would be interested in a link because Dee has said he will remain committed to Michigan as long as RR is there. Besides that the school he was going to committ to was Florida and not ALabama. Also, Roderick Ryles(Sp) is strongly looking at Michigan right now and he is a teammate of Dee. Devin Lucien is said to be high on Michigan as a receiver and they would easily take him over Nealy, as would I. Honestly, I think Nealy to Michigan may be dead now because he doesn't seem like a wanderer and Dee Hart will nto have made a final decision by the time I think Nealy will committ. Dee Hart doesn't want to play defense like Bama wants him to so I doubt he ends up there. Florida, maybe.

Also, don't be such a baby when recruits don't come to ISU.

Reactions: ajk4st8

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK
I would be interested in a link because Dee has said he will remain committed to Michigan as long as RR is there. Besides that the school he was going to committ to was Florida and not ALabama. Also, Roderick Ryles(Sp) is strongly looking at Michigan right now and he is a teammate of Dee. Devin Lucien is said to be high on Michigan as a receiver and they would easily take him over Nealy, as would I. Honestly, I think Nealy to Michigan may be dead now because he doesn't seem like a wanderer and Dee Hart will nto have made a final decision by the time I think Nealy will committ. Dee Hart doesn't want to play defense like Bama wants him to so I doubt he ends up there. Florida, maybe.

Also, don't be such a baby when recruits don't come to ISU.

Hey, I was having a bad night last night. My in-laws are in my house, and lets say tension is high. As for the article, I can't seem to remember where I read it, but it was an interview with Dix that said he thought there was an 80% chance he and Dee Hart would be playing together in college. They are also both visiting Muschamp and Florida, so who knows.

As for Henderson, it can't make a coach feel good when he does all the right things and it doesn't work out. My problem is that it seems like the staff burnt down some bridges to try and get Henderson(Filimoetu, Coates who just committed to Nevada), and we could be left holding a bag with nobody to add at DE. While I thnk our starters will be fine, they are going to need a breather, and that is going to be tough to come by without another body. Nelson and Lattimer will need a breather in order to maximize their performance.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Hey, I was having a bad night last night. My in-laws are in my house, and lets say tension is high. As for the article, I can't seem to remember where I read it, but it was an interview with Dix that said he thought there was an 80% chance he and Dee Hart would be playing together in college. They are also both visiting Muschamp and Florida, so who knows.

As for Henderson, it can't make a coach feel good when he does all the right things and it doesn't work out. My problem is that it seems like the staff burnt down some bridges to try and get Henderson(Filimoetu, Coates who just committed to Nevada), and we could be left holding a bag with nobody to add at DE. While I thnk our starters will be fine, they are going to need a breather, and that is going to be tough to come by without another body. Nelson and Lattimer will need a breather in order to maximize their performance.

Florida even looks slight less likely now. That comment was made before is was determined Florida would be going with an under center attack. Unless Dee decides he wants to play defense, I don't believe he will be leaving Michigan if RR is the coach. Also, keep an eye on Dix. He may do something interesting especially of ROderick Ryles goes with Dee to Michigan. Dix has been to Michigan once with Dee.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Were you excited about Coates? I wasn't sure he fit with where Wally has this team going.

I don't think CPR is exactly done yet--I'm pretty sure there's some hunt left in the dog.

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Florida even looks slight less likely now. That comment was made before is was determined Florida would be going with an under center attack. Unless Dee decides he wants to play defense, I don't believe he will be leaving Michigan if RR is the coach. Also, keep an eye on Dix. He may do something interesting especially of ROderick Ryles goes with Dee to Michigan. Dix has been to Michigan once with Dee.

I also admit to a feeling that Dix could wind up at Michigan, in which case Rich Rod will have recruited a very good 4 man class to put on his second line(Dix, Countess, Crawford, and Hollowell).

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Were you excited about Coates? I wasn't sure he fit with where Wally has this team going.

I don't think CPR is exactly done yet--I'm pretty sure there's some hunt left in the dog.

Agreed, but I would just like to know who he is after. We need a talent that can play the position next year, so junior college appears to be the way to go. Unless Jadeveon Clowney comes to town. Who else are we after at this point?

As for Nealy, yaman's comments give me hope, and the cyfan twitter stalkers are reporting good news. I would just like to hear him come out and say I am a Cyclone.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
I don't think Arkansas is in the picture right now. Apparently they haven't been talking to him much lately.

BigLame

Feb 6, 2008
Western IA
Leonard Johnson chose ISU over Michigan (I think), so there is precedent.
Choose the good guys, Devondrick Nealy!