Desmond King wins Thorpe award

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
No being a smart A. I thought he was projected first round last year? Also begs the question: How is the Thorpe winner not good enough to be a first round draft pick?

Could be wrong but I think he was projected as a late first/early second rounder last year. Right now he's projected as a late first rounder. Think the thing keeping him from going higher is lack of elite speed. Bigger point is he's done himself little if any harm coming back and will make lots and lots of money playing on Sundays.

• Funny
Reactions: CloneinWDSM

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Very interesting if that is the case. By nearly every account, he's had a worse year this year than last year. He's still had a good year, but last year was crazy good.

Kind of hard to match his stats from last year when nobody throws to his side of the field.

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
So if you never look at mock drafts, on what are you basing your opinion that King hurt his draft stock by coming back?

I didn't say he had hurt his draft stock. I don't rely on mock drafts to come to these conclusions, I wait for the actual draft to occur and then the debate can begin on whether he hurt his stock. Though we'll never know for sure where he would have been drafted last year, it seems like he probably would have gotten more attention as the Thorpe award winner on a 12-2 team rather than a guy with lesser stats on an 8-4 team.

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota
Doubt it. He probably won't get lucky enough to play his whole senior season in a defensive optional conference
Is he transferring to a MAC school and I missed it? Because you're right, he would certainly play against better defenses there than what he's seeing now.