Des Moines Register complaint

Phaedrus

Jan 13, 2008
Khorasan
Maybe they can't find your place? Quit moving your van, just leave down by the river where it belongs and they'll find you. :yes:

I'd positive rep you for this, but I've already used my 24 hour supply of that.

Great post...:biglaugh:

Phaedrus

Jan 13, 2008
Khorasan
Update: Week 5 of the "Why can't the DMR deliver a paper" saga, and I STILL haven't been delivered the Rag.

Next week, I hide in the bushes and intercept the delivery guy.....

I'm assured by the customer service wonks, that it will be taken care of. Each and every week.

Phaedrus

Jan 13, 2008
Khorasan
7th week of no Sunday Register

Just to update the group on my experience with the Des Moines Sunday Register:

Today is week 7 of no delivery. I've asked them to refund the full amount of my paid subscription, and I got promises and weasel words in return.

They "allegedly" sat the delivery guy down and conselled him on his lack of performance, but I doubt it; my neighbor down the street has his paper, and I am paperless.

The clock starts now on getting my money back. I'm not holding my breath....

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
Re: 7th week of no Sunday Register

The Redister now supports Obama so it is probably just a paper redistribution scheme, they sent your paper to someone who deserves it more. You should feel very patriotic.

But yeah that is a joke. Ever since they got bought out by Gannett, it has really been downhill.

Reactions: kingcy and Phaedrus

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com

Just to update the group on my experience with the Des Moines Sunday Register:

Today is week 7 of no delivery. I've asked them to refund the full amount of my paid subscription, and I got promises and weasel words in return.

They "allegedly" sat the delivery guy down and conselled him on his lack of performance, but I doubt it; my neighbor down the street has his paper, and I am paperless.

The clock starts now on getting my money back. I'm not holding my breath....

I guess on the good side, since you're not holding your breath, you won't turn blue:sad::cool::mask: Your face will keep its pinkish hue.:cute::yes::wink:

Or maybe you'll actually get a refund.:wideeyed:

Reactions: Phaedrus

Phaedrus

Jan 13, 2008
Khorasan

The Redister now supports Obama so it is probably just a paper redistribution scheme, they sent your paper to someone who deserves it more. You should feel very patriotic.

But yeah that is a joke. Ever since they got bought out by Gannett, it has really been downhill.

Freaking hilarious, man.... But you know, my house address was once good, even though it's "fundamentally flawed..."

I told the customer service guy that he should probably find another job, as a company that cannot deliver the only product they produce is probably not long in this world.

The dude answered with kind of a nervous laugh, which told me everything about how things are going at Gannett....

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
Why exactly, do you want to get the DM Register again?

Folllow their advice, protect the environment and read online (or not at all, and save electricity too). :biggrin:

Phaedrus

Jan 13, 2008
Khorasan
Why exactly, do you want to get the DM Register again?

Folllow their advice, protect the environment and read online (or not at all, and save electricity too). :biggrin:

First of all, I don't want to get the DMR. But I like conjugal relations with my wife, and if she is able to read real paper comics on Sunday morning, this magically results in more of those. (Don't ask me how that works, I've quit trying to figure it out...)

Otherwise, the coupons in the Sunday Paper are generally pretty good, and since I persist in my hobbies of working on cars and airplanes, and the paper makes good paint overspray protection, I tend to indulge my wife and kids in their ability to sit around on Sunday morning and read the comics.

Jetta

Oct 24, 2007
First of all, I don't want to get the DMR. But I like conjugal relations with my wife, and if she is able to read real paper comics on Sunday morning, this magically results in more of those. (Don't ask me how that works, I've quit trying to figure it out...)

Have you tried dark chocolate and red wine? Might be more expensive in the short run, but deliver more consistently. :biggrin:

Phaedrus

Jan 13, 2008
Khorasan
Very, very odd.

From you, baby, I take that as a compliment... Hugs and kisses, love!!! (You know you turn me on when you post that way, don't you?)

A little old for model toys, aren't we? To each their own I guess.

A little old for petty post stalking, aren't we? To each their own, I guess...

Have you tried dark chocolate and red wine? Might be more expensive in the short run, but deliver more consistently. :biggrin:

Sweet! Unfortunately, chocolate gives her migraines. She really really likes sitting around on Sunday morning in her jammies, reading the Sunday paper, especially the comics.

As much as I detest the Register, I'm willing to sacrifice for the love of my life.

CyBride

Nov 10, 2007
I used to subscribe. I had them automatically deduct the amount each month from a checking account. I got a call one day from them, that if I added the weekend pack to my sunday subscription, I could get Friday and Saturday for only a dollar more. I said sure. The next week, I check my online banking, and they deducted over $500. This caused an overdraft on that particular account. I called and raised hell. They told me that it was an independant sales company that was running the special. I told them I didn't care, it was their problem, and it is causing banking fee's etc.. I got a manager on the phone who had me fax a copy of the letter of overdraft and the fee's that were charged. In the end, they refunded all my money, gave me a month free, and paid me an extra $30 for the trouble of the overdraft and fee. I switched to a monthly bill in the mail that I could send a check in for since I didn't want them to have access to my checking account. The bill was never right. One month it was $7, once it was $25, and then I didn't get a bill for 3 months, then it was $9, and then $245. I never paid the bills, and still got the paper for a good 6 months. Now if I want it for some reason, I just go to the gas station for it. It was such a mess...

psycln11

Apr 20, 2006
Ankeny
Remind me to tip my delivery guy this x-mas....

My paper is always on the front step within a foot of the door so I don't actually have to step outside to find it.

NobodyBeatsCy

Apr 17, 2008
Clive, IA
Remind me to tip my delivery guy this x-mas....

My paper is always on the front step within a foot of the door so I don't actually have to step outside to find it.

Hopefully you've been tipping him throughout the year! There is a spot to do that on your bills.

Phaedrus

Jan 13, 2008
Khorasan
Ah, yes. The final update to this whole sordid affair.

Last week I finally got my full refund from DMR.

Unfortunately it was short the charge for one copy. No explanation as to why that is, but I just want to share with the group that even the DMR cannot even screw up correctly.

What a bunch of incompetent idiots.