Depth Chart vs OU

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I'd be interested to hear who the third-string QB is right now.
Let OU scramble to find film on all of ISU's QBs this week. No use doing them any favors. They have a big enough advantage as it is. I'm sure the team will know who is next in the pecking order and be prepared for it. That is all that really matters.

MartyFine

Jul 7, 2009
Warren Co., IA
Let OU scramble to find film on all of ISU's QBs this week. No use doing them any favors. They have a big enough advantage as it is. I'm sure the team will know who is next in the pecking order and be prepared for it. That is all that really matters.

I think all that really matters to OU is the film of ISU's O-line being pulverized by TOE's front four last week.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Wonder if any of the youngest linemen work their way up as the season progresses.

I honestly don't know much about them but would be curious to know what the grade is for ability, potential, etc.

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
Boy, our O line is just really young when you scratch the surface.

The problem was that first class of Oline isn't really turning out. So it's left ISU a year further behind in a position that takes a lot of development anyways. I don't think the answer is playing those young guys unless you absolutely have to. Got to iron out the few upper classmen there are.

• Agree
Reactions: bthebutcher

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I think all that really matters to OU is the film of ISU's O-line being pulverized by TOE's front four last week.
That certainly makes it easier if you know that the line has problems, but if anyone thinks a defense wouldn't play differently against a QB like Kempt v. a QB like Mitchell, I don't know what to tell them.

danielyp29

Jan 3, 2011
Ames
The problem was that first class of Oline isn't really turning out. So it's left ISU a year further behind in a position that takes a lot of development anyways. I don't think the answer is playing those young guys unless you absolutely have to. Got to iron out the few upper classmen there are.

the only ones we can say that hasn't turned out from the first class are Oge and Karson Green, who both struggled with injuries. Mueller and Foster are listed as starters as RS Soph, so there's still room for improvement

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Hopefully Mike Stoops has trouble keeping his guys playing disciplined. Feast or famine is better than what we saw last week.