Dennis Dodd on Bill/Sean Snyder, the future of K-State

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Curious, what's similar?

The rumor is Billy to step in for Bill when he retires ( no time line on that). Billy has taken over a lot of the recruiting and has steadily worked his way up the bench on responsibility but has never left.

Good luck with whatever goes down at KSU, our 2 schools and fan bases are way more similar than some people on here realize.

• Informative
Reactions: surly

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
  • K-State's next winningest coach, after Snyder's 202, was Mike Ahearn with 37. Ahearn coach from 1905-1910. They named a fieldhouse after him for that accomplishment and others.
Over 6 wins a season back at the turn of the century was pretty darn good. He only had 12 losses against those 37 wins and it included a 10-1 season. There was only one season with more than 2 losses which was still a solid 5-3 season.

It was pretty cool that when Ahearn left in 1910 he turned the program over to his HC in waiting, Bill Snyder.

• Funny
Reactions: Acylum and Cycsk

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
Can schools bank money and still act like non-profits? I thought that's why Texas kept building stupid stuff because they had to have that balance sheet show zero.

Yes schools can be creative in saving money or hiding it.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Yes schools can be creative in saving money or hiding it.
During their next construction project they can have a "cost overrun" in the form of this walled under a stairwell or something.

Unforgettable-pallet.jpg

Then when money dries up they just renovate that stairwell.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Or instead of taking the cowards way out, we could just beat them on the football field for once. Good mindset, hope the other team sucks worse than us rather than trying to get to their level.

No sh*t.

The opportunity doesn't just roll up for you.

Something to the tune of a 35-14 halftime lead, and actually holding on defensively in the end for a 35-28 lead with just under 2:00 left was quite a chance...yep, still bewildered.

CycloneWarning

Jan 14, 2008
I agree with this, not sure what happens in the next version of realignment roulette but possibly us and the Kanas schools might be bundled together.

Unfortunately, KU would be gobbled up in a second by the B1G if they go to 16 and the Big 12 implodes (again). They would love to have that BB program and KC market. With the addition of Rutgers and Maryland, B1G has proven they don't care if FB is competitive.

ISU and KSU would likely be on the outside looking in.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
A lot of conjecture and "what if's" over a conference that's highly unlikely to fold. My guess is some sort of merger with the PAC12, which owns a struggling media network badly in need of eyeballs within the gourds of people who actually give a crap about college sports.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
The rumor is Billy to step in for Bill when he retires ( no time line on that). Billy has taken over a lot of the recruiting and has steadily worked his way up the bench on responsibility but has never left.
As a local observer of the program, I am unaware of any real responsibilities for Billy outside of recruiting, as Steyer and Schaben also do a lot of. During game timeouts, Billy stands outside in the huddle just like the players. In the practices I attend, HC BF and Steyer run the show.
Billy's wife would be qualified to be in the running for HC though, IMO...