Defensive Intensity

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
This team played the best defensive basketball of the season against OSU, IMO. We didn't always get stops on possessions where we played intense D, but I feel like we got more than we usually do and that is against a team with 3 likely NBA players, all of whom can score in bunches.

If we play with the same intensity we did Wednesday, we'll be a very dangerous team in the tournaments, IMO and the sky is the limit for this team.

I hope that all of the players saw how good they can be when the other team can't trade basket for basket with them.

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
This team played the best defensive basketball of the season against OSU, IMO. We didn't always get stops on possessions where we played intense D, but I feel like we got more than we usually do and that is against a team with 3 likely NBA players, all of whom can score in bunches.

If we play with the same intensity we did Wednesday, we'll be a very dangerous team in the tournaments, IMO and the sky is the limit for this team.

I hope that all of the players saw how good they can be when the other team can't trade basket for basket with them.

With the offensive firepower that ISU has a little defensive intensity can go a long way. It was a night and day difference between the Oklahoma and Oklahoma State games. Oklahoma could score at will while Oklahoma State had to fight for every basket they scored. The impact was felt on the offensive end for ISU as well. Forcing the Pokes to expend more energy on the offensive end hurt their energy level on D. It is not surprising that ISU came away scoring the most points that Oklahoma State had given up all season long.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron