Dedication

ISU_REV

Apr 21, 2006
I am sure all parents would do this.....but I am about to leave on a 2.5 hours trip (that would be 5 hours round trip for any hawk fans reading this) to watch my daughter's team play for 40 minutes. Of this, my daughter will probably play 20-25 minutes.

You know what?!?!? I wouldn't miss it for the world!!!:wink:

Reactions: CyclonesRule

no2cyclones

Mariner Moose
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 26, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
Congratulations?

Why the sarcasm? The man is going to watch his daughter play in a basketball game. I would do the same thing, and I know my parents came to all of my football games in high school, too. If you wouldn't at least consider doing the same for your kids, there's something wrong with you.

cloneu

Jul 26, 2007
Urbandale
www.golfdsm.com
Why the sarcasm? The man is going to watch his daughter play in a basketball game. I would do the same thing, and I know my parents came to all of my football games in high school, too. If you wouldn't at least consider doing the same for your kids, there's something wrong with you.

He might have just been wondering why it needed to be announced.

LeSchmick

Dec 14, 2008
Urbandale
Hey man, I think its great that he's driving a long way to watch his kid. My parents did this sort of thing when I was young. Why this warrants a thread on Cyclone Fanatic though is beyond me.

wry

Jan 8, 2009
Way to go, Parent. Enjoy! And don't forget to do plenty of clapping and positive cheering. Safe trip.

GeronimusClone

Oct 23, 2008
Des Moines, IA
Hey man, I think its great that he's driving a long way to watch his kid. My parents did this sort of thing when I was young. Why this warrants a thread on Cyclone Fanatic though is beyond me.
Yeah. I just opened the door for a lady outside. I didn't feel the need to fire up a thread.

theodore

Sep 24, 2008
I am sure all parents would do this.....but I am about to leave on a 2.5 hours trip (that would be 5 hours round trip for any hawk fans reading this) to watch my daughter's team play for 40 minutes. Of this, my daughter will probably play 20-25 minutes.

congrats...you're doing what millions of other parents do everyday....only without patting themselves on the back. :goofy:

IsUaClone2

May 12, 2006
Northville, MI

I, for one, am glad to see you make this commitment. My parents did not drive or even walk to see me compete throughout grade school, junior high, high school, or during my college years. I appreciate that you want to fire up this crowd to support the Twister Sisters and the most famous supporter has joined you (quoted message following)

Way to go, Parent. Enjoy! And don't forget to do plenty of clapping and positive cheering. Safe trip.

Thanks to both of you for doing the fans' job so well. I wish I was there to join you.

Cycofan1

Jan 12, 2009
Good job. My parents always come to my games. Evan when it is really far. like when we had a football game in Mason City, and I live in Ankeny.