Decommit: Ryan Mosby

Steve

Apr 11, 2006
I completely agree, but I've got to trust that Rhoads knows what he's doing. When he hired Bleil, I was very worried that Iowa ties would be the theme for assembling his staff, and he has proven my fears unwarranted by hiring solid coaches and recruiters from around the country. I have to trust that he will also make good decisions on the recruiting trail.

Crabtree from Rivals expects Rhoads to use his mid-atlantic connections to bring in some guys who are borderline Ohio State, but better than MAC level. I wouldn't want to see this overdone, but it's a plan that definitely fill some needs.

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
Maybe Rhoads doesnt want a lot of smaller/faster LB's. He might want some size too. But im sure there is more to the story as well.

MontyBurns

Jan 27, 2008
You are only hearing one side of the story. I'm pretty sure PR is not going to turn down a kid that is committed to ISU.

We're probably hearing a slanted story at best. PR should honor any scholarship that was offered by ISU. That's right, i said ISU and not Chizik. Scholarships are offered by the school and not the coach. At the same time, PR might be being honest with kids who he doesn't see fitting in with his program -- for example, tell them their offer is still good but also share his vision of the program and make sure they understand what they are getting into as far as playing time.

Steve

Apr 11, 2006
At the risk of saying something positive about chizik, he also cut loose several former Mac commits who didn't fit into his plans. It's best for both parties if there is not a fit. At least one of the guys turned loose by chizik ended up at UNI where he has thus far only managed to get to the "squad member" level.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
At the risk of saying something positive about chizik, he also cut loose several former Mac commits who didn't fit into his plans. It's best for both parties if there is not a fit. At least one of the guys turned loose by chizik ended up at UNI where he has thus far only managed to get to the "squad member" level.

At least the kid is still on a squad unlike some we know.

ISUclones33

Nov 26, 2006
Nothing against them, but they are few and far between as far as guys that would actually play every down. Texas kids live football. Iowa kids have wrestling. Not saying that there aren't good Iowa players out there, I just think as far as playing with the teams in B12 South, we are going to need kids cut out to take on the Texas school that is composed of 97% Texan kids

iowacubjim

Dec 18, 2008
Ankeny, ia
If he does not want to be here and has the same issues as coach cheezewhiz and can't honor a comittment then good by if that is you level of self honor.

mustangcy

Apr 11, 2006
Bloomfield
I have all the faith in the world in PR. The man and his staff has been doing this for along time. They know exactly what they are doing. I respect the opinions of many that have posted here and I appreciate the inside insight but we need to trust PR and his staff. I would also hate to see any kind of bias against Iowa players...frankly if you take all the Iowa kids off of both ISU and Iowa teams you would have the nucleus to field a hell of a team.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
If he does not want to be here and has the same issues as coach cheezewhiz and can't honor a comittment then good by if that is you level of self honor.

Apparently the shoes were on the other person's feet. He just got the Chizzick Shaft per some thread people.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
This Shouldn't Surprise People

Mosby is a 6' & 197lb LB with 4.5 speed. PR might look at Mosby and see a kid that even if he works hard in the weight room might only be able to put 15-20lbs on his frame.

It could very well be that PR wants LB's who are the 230-240lb range or Mosby's skills might not match with PR's defensive system. IMO a lot of FB players that excell in one system, would be very average in another system. At this point we have to trust that PR is going to recruit quality players and it's best to cut strings with kids who he feels don't fit.

The other thing, barring significant player turnover among the current roster we only lose a handful of players in our 2 deep offensive & defensive units. The successs of ISU over the next 2 years isn't going to be based on this springs signing class.

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
Isnt Wempa a friend of Sed Johnson? I thought thats what I read, or is it Spears?

D UP Clones

Oct 25, 2006
Nothing against them, but they are few and far between as far as guys that would actually play every down. Texas kids live football. Iowa kids have wrestling. Not saying that there aren't good Iowa players out there, I just think as far as playing with the teams in B12 South, we are going to need kids cut out to take on the Texas school that is composed of 97% Texan kids

Did you happen to see Iowa (too many iowa boys to name) play this year? Or notice that ISU's most successful teams consisted of key players from??? you guessed it. Iowa

I agree that ISU needs to get players from Texas and Florida. I also think that Iowa kids tend to play harder and work harder than many of those players.

ISU needs to recruit Iowa and Texas and Florida well.

Bobber

Apr 12, 2006
Hudson, Iowa

Well Nebraksa has seemed to do pretty well when they had a lot of Nebraska kids on the team(at least that's the way it was in the 90's when they won a National Championship). I would think Iowa would have more then a few good kids with nearly twice the population of our friends to the west.

Texas is a focus for ISU and you only have to look to recent runningback coach hire to see that. Coach Rhoads has also clearly indicated he'll recruit Florida.

I just don't buy at all that Iowa kids will not be good contributers to this team.

tazclone

Apr 14, 2006

iowa kids have wrestling? Wow...not from Iowa are you. Wrestling, while bigger in Iowa then other states, is still second to BB.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron