Dave Bartoo on ISU v TCU

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
Guy is a spaz, and I’m not a particular fan of his jargon usage (“team X is a top 50 recruiter”), but if I remember right (can’t listen to the link right now), he basically has TCU and Iowa State as identical teams right now, correct? The only difference, to him, is coaching. He believes Patterson is the best coach, by far, in the Big12 (not sure I can argue against that) and he just doesn’t have enough information yet on Campbell.

I do know he said he doesn’t even know who our DC is, but whoever it is has been killing it.

Did I remember the gist?

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Guy is a spaz, and I’m not a particular fan of his jargon usage (“team X is a top 50 recruiter”), but if I remember right (can’t listen to the link right now), he basically has TCU and Iowa State as identical teams right now, correct? The only difference, to him, is coaching. He believes Patterson is the best coach, by far, in the Big12 (not sure I can argue against that) and he just doesn’t have enough information yet on Campbell.

I do know he said he doesn’t even know who our DC is, but whoever it is has been killing it.

Did I remember the gist?

Pretty much. He has a lot of data to back up his predictions usually, so that helps his credibility.

I think he said he has TCU with slightly better numbers in defensive efficiency, but that the difference wasn't huge, meaning that it should be a close game that anyone can win.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

Did I remember the gist?

I think this is accurate although Snyder should always be in the conversation.

I think they've stumbled here and there in past years and it's likely to do depth but his starters are generally very good and his teams generally look very fundamentally sound with lots of speed.

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE

I think they've stumbled here and there in past years and it's likely to do depth but his starters are generally very good and his teams generally look very fundamentally sound with lots of speed.
Yep, the Vampire in his prime has to be considered one of the conference's all time bests. His use of JUCO's, much like Hoiberg's use of transfers, shaped college recruiting landscapes.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny

Bartoo has even said that Snyder is the best game day coach in the conference. He just doesn't always have the talent he needs. Right now Barnett has both coaching skill and talent.

Clones8686

Jan 19, 2015
Is Bartoo the one who doesn't actually watch any games? I appreciate his passion nonetheless I suppose.

ZB4CY

Dec 17, 2012
I was thinking earlier... If we beat TCU.. will the committee make us the highest ranked 2 loss team?

It would be hard not to with wins over OU/TCU.

Help Support Us

Become a patron