Cy's House of Trivia 2022

greatshu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 4, 2007
KS
Did you notice that every single raffle winning number began with 04? Our tickets were 03. We were wondering if we got last year's tickets. ;)
I didn’t like the new raffling system. I really enjoyed lots of smaller prizes for 5 bucks. Maybe I’m grumpy because I didn’t win **** this year.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I didn’t like the new raffling system. I really enjoyed lots of smaller prizes for 5 bucks. Maybe I’m grumpy because I didn’t win **** this year.
The last time we were there (5 yrs ago, maybe?) it was smaller items, but a whooooole bunch of them. We won a flag signed by Steve Prohm & Matt Campbell, and we found them later & got a picture of it. There were lots more winners, instead of only 11. It felt like we had a much better chance of winning.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
Tonight was my first ever Cy's House of Trivia thanks to the last minute generosity from @Cycsk , thank you so much. @ImJustKCClone and Lew were part of our table as was @CascadeClone great to meet you. Got to meet @bsaltyman at his table. I had an amazing time if you ever get the chance offered to you like I did today jump at it. You will have a blast. I contributed to our team better than I thought I would.
Agreed! Great time, good to put faces to the usernames.

Interesting to discover my trivia niche is romantic movie songs from the 1980s. Not a big niche!

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
That romantic movie songs sunk my team. The name that song/band category gets us every year. Had a blast though. We got Campbell and Ed Wilson!
The winter Olympic sports got us. Too many names/sports to write down & not enough time to write them. It seemed like that category only had ten seconds to answer each question, too. :(

Cyientist

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2013
Ankeny
The winter Olympic sports got us. Too many names/sports to write down & not enough time to write them. It seemed like that category only had ten seconds to answer each question, too. :(
I’ll be honest, most categories “got us” this year, but some were worse than others ;)

• Funny
Reactions: ImJustKCClone

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
Holy ****. I didn't figure you were packed in like this. That's a tight fit. I figured it'd be more ballroom style.

CysHousePhoto.png

• Love
Reactions: CycoCyclone

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
MY fun fact for the night...
Hubby Lew - who has posted on here maybe 5 or 6 times, 7 or 8 years ago (as PapaLew) - was wandering around the center set-up between rounds, looking at the lottery prize packages. A guy came up to him and recognized him as PapaLew. o_O

Of course, that guy was @oldman , who has probably seen the occasional pictures of him in the RTT threads. ;)

• Friendly
Reactions: ianoconnor

Big_Sill

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 4, 2008
A little unfortunate, someone at our table won a raffle prize, but we couldn’t hear the numbers very clear because where we sat had horrible acoustics. Later that night, a guy was walking around to the tables saying there were 2 unclaimed prizes. We went up and checked, and sure enough had a winner but they had already redrawn and given to someone else.

Worse things have happened, but we felt a little screwed.

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
A little unfortunate, someone at our table won a raffle prize, but we couldn’t hear the numbers very clear because where we sat had horrible acoustics. Later that night, a guy was walking around to the tables saying there were 2 unclaimed prizes. We went up and checked, and sure enough had a winner but they had already redrawn and given to someone else.

Worse things have happened, but we felt a little screwed.
What was the prize or what are the prizes?