NBA: Cyclones' off-season: contracts, draft, summer league

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
What a debut for Nick.

Nice! I did some digging. Babb had the most minutes at 37 (out of 40; that's high for Europe). His teammate, one Hans Brase, played 20 minutes and had 5 pts. I don't know how anyone gets shots when they're playing with ex Seton Hall ballhog Khadeen Harrington. Our guys got a n 89-87 win in their BBL (German League) opener.

Reactions: NWICY and RedDog

Cyientist

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2013
Ankeny
Interesting segment with Georges on Utah radio (about 20 minutes). He's got a future in broadcasting, I think. He starts with things that he did back in Ames this summer. It's a good listen.

https://1280thezone.com/featured_ne...ke-it-all-make-it-to-the-finals-and-win-copy/

I didn't listen, but he is definitely preparing himself for it. Hopefully he shows out this year and can earn that 2nd contract to get paid. I thought that he started doing more Niang type things by scoring in the lane at the end of the year, instead of just being a spot up 3 guy.

• Agree
Reactions: I-stateTheTruth

Cyientist

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2013
Ankeny
About a minute of a shirtless Lebron taking flat footed 3's, but 30 seconds at the end with THT showing some nice ball handling. I may have to get NBA League Pass to watch all of the cyclones playing the late night games out west.

Edit: I also have read that the Lakers are still taking it slow with Talen due to his stress fractures in his foot. I wonder if he will be cleared to get some preseason run.

Last edited:
Reactions: I-stateTheTruth

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Naz was listed as "DNP injury / illness" in the Pacers' box score for the 1st pre-season game. Not sure what that's about. I hope our guy gets healthy soon.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Maybe I should change this thread title to include "pre-season".

Naz played in the Pacers' 2nd pre-season game with just a couple minutes on the floor and no real stats to speak of. 14 guys got more PT than he did. Not sure what to make of that.

I was excited to see that Georges got into the Jazz' game in the 1st quarter and then saw that Gobert, Exum, D. Mitchell and Mike Conley weren't playing. Georges didn't have a great shooting start to the pre-season - 3-14 FG, 1-9 3PT and 7 PT, to go with 4 REB and 3 AST.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Not NBA, Nick is off to a great start.

That's great for Nick!

What an usual stat line for just about anyone but not so surprising for him.

I checked the box score and Hans Brase only got 1 bucket in 9 minutes of PT in that game.