Cyclones latest to offer Dowling's Wisnieski

Erik4Cy

Jan 22, 2007
Johnston, IA
www.cyclones.com
Hey waverly shell rock, don't get mad when you totally get called out for making asinine, completely objective comments that become MULTIPLE member's signature line fodder. You said something stupid and your paying the price of getting your threads hijacked...if I went on hawk report or whatever and made the comment that once Iowa State offers a recruit then all the big guys will take notice and offer too I would expect to get ripped on everytime I post after that...learn your lesson I guess?

Hawkeye11en1

Apr 22, 2011
Colorado
He said he was wide open. He did say that once he decided that he wouldn't flip flop, took that as shot at Iowa.

I'm not sure how that is a shot at Iowa. Maybe a shot at Barkley, but I don't know how that would be construed as a shot at the school.

tleonwdm

Apr 13, 2006
WDM
Jon's dad did play baseball at ISU. I have been lucky enough to know Jon and his family since he was 3 years old. He has gone to preschool, grade school and now high school with my son.

What a kid. Smart, polite, genuine, (just like his parents.)

I was lucky enough to be his grade school bball coach. Not too many like him. Whereever he goes, he will succeed.

Currently his sister is a freshman at ISU. He was invited to games at Notre Dame and Wisconsin, and recently was contacted by Oregon. He will get to pick from a lot of great programs.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
You never know. This might be a "If Notre Dame offers everyone is screwed". Dowling kids all love them some Notre Dame.

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
Our recruiting sucks. Plain and simple. Don't get me wrong, Iowa has a nice tradition of TE's and that helps but this kid is from Des Moines, he grew up an ISU fan, his dad played at ISU, and he picked Iowa.

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
he must not have been that big of an ISU fan.

Even if he was slightly more of an ISU fan, being in DSM, our coaches should have been on him like crazy. At some point you have to start winning these battles against Iowa and if you can't now, when can you?

cytheguy

May 23, 2006
After talking with two people with close ties to Wisnieski, I'm shocked he's not coming to ISU. Said he was an ISU lean, but I guess this is just another example of going straight to the source itself instead of relying on others.

Would've been a nice get. Kid's a beast.

Hawkeye11en1

Apr 22, 2011
Colorado
Maybe he's gonna do the Barkley double-back, and then I'll tell you how far down the depth chart at TE he would have been and it will be a jolly good time.

:smile: :smile:

DesertClone1

DesertClone
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 6, 2009
Queen Creek, AZ
tumblr_ls3b169U2i1qggbj7.gif

2020cy

Aug 7, 2006
Like CW said, it's hard to predict what 17 and 18 year olds are thinking. Thought for sure with him on vacation, the recruits would start going our way.