Cyclones in the pros (hoops) 2020-2021

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
The Nuggets gave Monte one shift last night in their win over Charlotte. I'm sure that was their plan because instead of using him as they were blowing their lead in the 2nd half, they went deep into their bench. He was active from the beginning and put up this line: 10 MIN, 5 PT, 2-5 FG, 1-2 3PT, 1 REB, 2 AST, 1 STL and 1 TO. The Nuggets have to be delighted to have him back, as well as Aaron Gordon.

As noted above, the LA Lakers won a low-scoring game in OT over the Knicks on Talen Horton-Tucker's game-winner. From the comments, I see he played the point but he has had to do that quite a bit in recent weeks with injuries to LBJ, Caruso and Schroder. Ouch on those turnovers but his line otherwise looks respectable: 34 MIN, 13 PT, 4-9 FG, 2-2 3PT, 3-3 FT, 5 REB, 10 AST, 2 STL and 7 TO.

Even with that win, the Lakers are still in 7th place - a game behind Dallas - on track to play Golden State in a play-in.

Does THT lead the league in reverse layups?

Different angle on THT's game-winner. Did you notice he hit that over fellow Simeon High alum D. Rose?

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I think one reason I would have wanted THT to stay at ISU for another year was to watch his touch around the rim. Just beautiful.

Looks like it's a good thing I wasn't the one to advise him.

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
@I-stateTheTruth just wanted to say that Portland’s schedule is very difficult for their last 3 games, so definitely possible the Lakers pass them.
I´d heard that in a broadcast, now that you mention it. Still, it´s hard to believe that the Lakers have put themselves in this situation. If THT misses that shot last night, they could´ve been 2 games down (or maybe 1.5) with - what? - 3 games to go. I think LeBron is coming back for the rest of the regular season though now.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016

I'm still amazed by the degree of difficulty in numbers 5 and 1 -- sliding left, nearly out of bounds in the left corner -- buries it. And the one where his handles break ankles then he steps back and hits the 3. The skill level of today's NBA player is mind-boggling.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
I think one reason I would have wanted THT to stay at ISU for another year was to watch his touch around the rim. Just beautiful.

Looks like it's a good thing I wasn't the one to advise him.
He is a bit other-wordly with his finishes, it's true. But I was hoping he'd stay another year at ISU, too (instead, he made a million bucks and didn't have to write any research papers).

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
He is a bit other-wordly with his finishes, it's true. But I was hoping he'd stay another year at ISU, too (instead, he made a million bucks and didn't have to write any research papers).
Does he rep Iowa state much at all? I haven’t noticed or relative to niang Monte and hali

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Does he rep Iowa state much at all? I haven’t noticed or relative to niang Monte and hali
Guys like Niang and Naz are extreme in their loyalty and it's beautiful May partially be a function of number of years in Ames. I don't see as much of that with THT but I think I've seen some re-tweets of ISU BB stuff. Not 100% sure.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Guys like Niang and Naz are extreme in their loyalty and it's beautiful May partially be a function of number of years in Ames. I don't see as much of that with THT but I think I've seen some re-tweets of ISU BB stuff. Not 100% sure.

Monte is as big an ISU football fan as any of us on the board, always on his IG feed.

Cytasticlone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 22, 2012
Ames, IA
I´d heard that in a broadcast, now that you mention it. Still, it´s hard to believe that the Lakers have put themselves in this situation. If THT misses that shot last night, they could´ve been 2 games down (or maybe 1.5) with - what? - 3 games to go. I think LeBron is coming back for the rest of the regular season though now.

I listen to the Lowe Post podcast and he said something like the only way LA get past Portland is to go 4-0 and the Blazers have to go 1-2 or worse because they have the tie-breaker over LA. I'm not sure on the tie-breaker with the Mavs but LA could technically still pass both teams in front of them. Again, they most likely have to go 4-0 if they other two teams win at least 1 of 3 of their last games.

EDIT: 4-0 Was before last nights game. They still have to go 3-0 now.

Reactions: I-stateTheTruth

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
I listen to the Lowe Post podcast and he said something like the only way LA get past Portland is to go 4-0 and the Blazers have to go 1-2 or worse because they have the tie-breaker over LA. I'm not sure on the tie-breaker with the Mavs but LA could technically still pass both teams in front of them. Again, they most likely have to go 4-0 if they other two teams win at least 1 of 3 of their last games.

EDIT: 4-0 Was before last nights game. They still have to go 3-0 now.
Yeah but look at the schedules left. Blazers have the tie breaker but play Utah, Phoenix, and Denver. Only Denver at home

Lakers play rockets pacers and pelicans

Reactions: Cytasticlone

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron