Cyclones in the pros (hoops) 2020-2021

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
With a load of players out, Matt got 22 minutes but didn’t score until late in the game when it was decided.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Heading to the all-star break. The guys get some time off.

Last night the top Cyclone performance was probably Abdel Nader's, as the Suns beat the Curry-free Warriors badly. They're sitting at 24-11, which is more wins than they've had 3 of the last 5 seasons. Abdel's numbers: 24 MIN, 14 PT, 6-12 FG, 1-2 3PT, 1-2 FT, 9 REB, 1 BLK, 1 TO and +22 (team best). From the Twitter-verse:

Ouch:

Reactions: HFCS and Acylum

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
On Wednesday night, 3 ex-Clones were in action.

The Raptors are banged-up and Matt Thomas got a chance against the Pistons and, as @simply1 noted, he didn't deliver when the game was in question -- he missed both his shots in the 1st half when the game was still in reach. His numbers ended up looking respectable but they were all in the 2nd half when the game was out of reach: 22 MIN, 11 PT, 4-7 FG, 2-3 3PT, 1-2 FT (how does MT miss a FT?) and no other stats except for 2 PF and -20. His performance earned him 0 minutes the next night.

I watched Georges and the Jazz lose in OT to Philly - Embiid hit an unbelievable 3 to send it to overtime. Georges had a typical 1st half shift but didn't get as many minutes in the 2nd half - they were trying to get the lead and the AS break was coming. They've lost 4 of their last 7. His line: 10 MIN, 5 PT, 2-2 FG, 1-1 3PT.

Tyrese Haliburton sat out of the Kings' win over the Lakers but his recruiting class partner Talen Horton-Tucker remains firmly in the Lakers' rotation, especially with AD and LeBron both out of this one. THT's line: 19 MIN, 9 PT, 3-9 FG, 0-1 3PT, 3-4 FG, 2 REB, 5 AST, 2 STL, 2 TO and -20.

Reactions: simply1

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
In non-Nader action on Thursday, Matt Thomas got a DNP in the Raptors' blow-out loss to the Celtics and Tyrese Haliburton again sat due to his injured calf, as the Kings lost by 4 to Portland.

Monte got his 9th start of the season as Denver was missing at least Harris, Green and Campazzo. Denver got a win over the Pacers to move to 21-15. Monte had a very quiet first half but added some numbers in the 2nd half: 31 MIN, 8 PT, 3-6 FG, 0-3 3PT, 2-2 FG, 0 REB, 2 AST, 1 BLK, 1 TO and -13.

I don't get to see the Nuggets very often but I have this theory that when Monte's in with a full 2nd unit, his stats are often better because the ball is in his hands a lot more. In the starting lineup with Murray and Jokic - plus Porter - he rarely is the one initiating the action so he doesn't accumulate many stats. Still, with all the injuries they've had to deal with this year -- and the last 2 years -- having such a reliable fill-in as Monte is quite the luxury for Denver.

Cyientist

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2013
Ankeny
In non-Nader action on Thursday, Matt Thomas got a DNP in the Raptors' blow-out loss to the Celtics and Tyrese Haliburton again sat due to his injured calf, as the Kings lost by 4 to Portland.

Monte got his 9th start of the season as Denver was missing at least Harris, Green and Campazzo. Denver got a win over the Pacers to move to 21-15. Monte had a very quiet first half but added some numbers in the 2nd half: 31 MIN, 8 PT, 3-6 FG, 0-3 3PT, 2-2 FG, 0 REB, 2 AST, 1 BLK, 1 TO and -13.

I don't get to see the Nuggets very often but I have this theory that when Monte's in with a full 2nd unit, his stats are often better because the ball is in his hands a lot more. In the starting lineup with Murray and Jokic - plus Porter - he rarely is the one initiating the action so he doesn't accumulate many stats. Still, with all the injuries they've had to deal with this year -- and the last 2 years -- having such a reliable fill-in as Monte is quite the luxury for Denver.
Your take on Monte is correct. Throw Barton in there as a scorer/ball handler too. The Nuggets, rightfully so, basically run a 2 man game with Joker and Murray with finding Porter for 3s.

The good news for Monte is he is guaranteed for 2 years after this one with a $9million value per year. Even if the stats aren’t there, the Nuggets know they can rely on him if needed.

Cyientist

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2013
Ankeny
Anyone see any info on if Haliburton is expected to be back right after the break?

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Imagine what you would be going through if you were a Hok...

I laugh at the thread where all those tweets are Iowa fans trashing Devyn Marble.

About 7-8 years ago there was an obsessive troll on this site who had 1000s of posts about how Devyn Marble's cup of coffee in the NBA proof Iowa was the better program just as ISU was starting to really rock and roll into a great run. He got 457 minutes career. Thomas is at 585 and the least minutes of the 6 guys we have active right now.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron