Cyclones in Mock ‘22 Drafts’ First Rounds

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.

Edit: More readable—

Editing again (and thread title) to add Charlie:

Last edited:

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
If we break the streak next year, he'd be the guy to do it. I did not think Breece (just because of the position he plays) would be a first rounder, but after seeing 2 RB's go in the first round of this draft, I've backed off that line of thinking a bit.

Reactions: Acylum and Jeff_92

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
If we break the streak next year, he'd be the guy to do it. I did not think Breece (just because of the position he plays) would be a first rounder, but after seeing 2 RB's go in the first round of this draft, I've backed off that line of thinking a bit.
Earlier today, I was sketching out a list of Cyclones who could get drafted next year. It was...longer than I expected.

zcecsch

Feb 6, 2021
Good edge players are always in high demand. If Will McDonald repeats this past year, I think there is a good chance he goes in the first. Kolar I am less confident in. TE is just a position that doesn't have as many 1st round picks. If I team goes TE though, I think he would be a great option.

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
Earlier today, I was sketching out a list of Cyclones who could get drafted next year. It was...longer than I expected.
Off the top of my head

Early
McDonald
Hall

Mid Rounds
Kolar
Purdy
Rose

Late Rounds or UDFA
Eisworth, Allen, Vance, Johnson, Foster, Milton

I’m sure I missed someone

Reactions: t-noah

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Off the top of my head

Early
McDonald
Hall

Mid Rounds
Kolar
Purdy
Rose

Late Rounds or UDFA

Isheem Young early, Amos late. Maybe Newell, Enyi or Hummel. Plus whoever might blow up this season—which could include Downing or Scates.

Reactions: t-noah

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Have my doubts about it but hope it happens. That embarrassing streak needs to end.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
I’d like to see McDonald play at NFL size 1st. The talent is there and there’s no question about that.

quasistellar

Feb 29, 2016
Is rattler really a #1 overall after this year?

you kidding? Heck just re-watch the game where we beat them. He made unbelievable throws on the move. They lost but it definitely wasn’t because of him. He’s got a punchable face and I hate that we have to play him (maybe twice again) but there’s no denying the skill.

Reactions: baagoe and Drew0311

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
Is rattler really a #1 overall after this year?

A huge determining factor in the answer to this is how he plays in his two games against ISU. We are quite likely the only potential stumbling block to him being a top pick.

cyclone1209

Nov 5, 2010
Denver
A huge determining factor in the answer to this is how he plays in his two games against ISU. We are quite likely the only potential stumbling block to him being a top pick.
The which rounds game is a silly one at this stage in the process but I'd love to see us have like 5 go in the first 5 rounds. I think those guys will be/could be:

- corner Anthony Johnson (with his height and length and speed) he could go as high as round 3 in my opinion
- Breece Hall- sky is the limit, anywhere from round 1 to 3
- Mike Rose - he won't run a 4.5, but watch the tape: tackles, interceptions (he has like 7 in his career now?), tackles for loss/sacks he does it all from that position. I see round 4 maybe as high as round 2
- If he really blows it out of the water i can see Xavier Hutchinson going in round 2
- Brock Purdy: not the biggest arm, not a physical freak, but he is a straight up winner. NFL gm's would have to have respect for a guy who took little ole ISU to the promised land of a Fiesta Bowl. I could see 3rd round, I could also see 4/5 rounds. He's deathly accurate and that will always be in style in the nfl.
- Tarique Milton: if he returns to sophomore form where he was averaging 15 yds a catch and good production, then runs a 4.4, he should be drafted in top 5 rounds
- Charlie: he should go top 3 rounds, the best returning TE in cfb
- Will McDonald: if he runs a sub 4.5 and I think he may, he could go 1st round, I see his baseline as 4th round as a worst case barring injury
- Orien Vance: he's a thumper and has ideal nfl size. He should be drafted somewhere.
- Chase Allen: blocks extremely well, capable TE, good hands. He's at worst a free agent signee
- Colin Newell could be a top 5 round pick. Very solid center, needs to stay healthy

FeedBreece

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2020
Off the top of my head

Early
McDonald
Hall

Mid Rounds
Kolar
Purdy
Rose

Late Rounds or UDFA

Colin Newell is actually getting some buzz.

Also X could get into the late rounds if he continues to improve on last year.

Might even sneak Enyi into there.

Reactions: zcecsch and t-noah

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Editing again (and thread title) to add Charlie:

Will McDonald first round, Yes! Going to the Broncos would be OK, not great as a Chiefs fan. Just as long as it's not the Raiders.

For and ISU fan, hey if they get drafted, the Raiders will work too I suppose.

Last edited: