Cyclones in Mock ‘22 Drafts’ First Rounds

FeedBreece

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2020
I’m just fathoming at the thought of us having 8-10 guys get drafted in one year. Definitely no sure thing yet, some guys will have to prove it this year, but that would be such an amazing payoff after years of dormant drafts.

I’ll make my own projections now:

Brock: see as a late round QB option. Just needs to improve his game a bit more consistently. If he plays more like he did in 18-19 he can even fall into the round 2-3 discussion.

Breece Hall: If he replicates last years performance, that’s a late 1st/ 2nd round RB.

Charlie Kolar: I’m seeing round 2-4. Anywhere in that range.I have a hard time seeing him becoming an Elite prospect, but his draft stock feels steady. It would take a bad drop off to reduce.

Chase Allen: I see his stock much lower than Kolar’s obviously, but also higher than Soehner. I think he has some late round potential.

X Hutchinson: I think right now he’d be very late round to UDFA. But if he builds on late last season that can change.

Colin Newell: seeing him in top 10 Center lists for next year. Hard to judge this yet but it’d be sweet if he snuck into the late rounds.

Defense:

Will McDonald: biggest wildcard by far. Probably even more so than Purdy. He could be a first rounder or he could be a borderline draftable prospect. He could even stick around another year if things dip a little this year. It’s all about how he looks with that added weight this year and handles a full time starting position. But the highest draft ceiling we’ve had for a player in a long long time.

Mike Rose: I see at least a mid rounder with Mike. Harder for me to see him as a 1st/2nd guy since he’s not the most athletic LB out there, but who knows. He thrives more on his instincts and teams love that kind of guy more in the mid rounds. 3-5 sounds about right.

Greg Eisworth: I think his stock is steady. He’s got a chance to sneak into the later rounds, but also feels like he might be more of a higher priority undrafted kind of guy.

The only other names I could think of that I find unlikely to have a draft status, but could change with boosted production would be Milton, Enyi and Anthony Johnson. I see a future in Isheem Young but he’ll be around for a few years here.

So the max here is 12. There will at least be a few of these guys who won’t have draft stock or maybe even stay another year. But having 6-8 players drafted next year isn’t entirely out of the question. I see at least a solid 3-4 here. And that to me is amazing.

• Agree
Reactions: zcecsch and Aclone