Cyclone superstitions-What do you have to do as a fan to ensure a Cyclone victory?

INCyclone

Jan 17, 2012
Indiana
I know this has been a topic before. How superstitious are Cyclone fans? I feel like I have to recreate everything that was done for the previous Cyclone victory! I just moved our ping pong table back out where it was in the basement and moved the kids basketball hoop back to where it was last week for the Cyclone victory over Oklahoma. Also made sure the shirt I was wearing last week is clean and ready to wear tonight!!

Anybody got other things that must be done?

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
Re: Cyclone superstitions-What do you have to do as a fan to ensure a Cyclone victory

You shouldn't have washed the shirt and just wore it again! You washed the lucky out of it!

Cardinal2001

Feb 14, 2007
Ames
Re: Cyclone superstitions-What do you have to do as a fan to ensure a Cyclone victory

you can't wear last week's shirt, it's Gold Rules!

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.

Before that upset of okie state during the Fred and big country days, my girlfriend and I at the time got friendly. So now before going to games I give her a call and hook up to keep the luck up. Wife isn't happy but she wants us to win also.

Cardinal2001

Feb 14, 2007
Ames

Before that upset of okie state during the Fred and big country days, my girlfriend and I at the time got friendly. So now before going to games I give her a call and hook up to keep the luck up. Wife isn't happy but she wants us to win also.

That's a true Cyclone fan. Thanks for taking one for the team!

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012

BC, you've got a great wife or she has no idea that you post on CF.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012

My current streak is not getting into the Game Day Thread shortly after midnight, but waiting until morning. We haven't lost since I started this.

Spam

May 21, 2008

Tequila shots every time out. O the sacrifices I have to make for the clones.

klamath632

Nov 19, 2011

There has to be pots and pans in the sink and I have to wash them when we're behind.

Cardinal2001

Feb 14, 2007
Ames

There has to be pots and pans in the sink and I have to wash them when we're behind.

Dinner at El Azteca before the game. No cleanup necessary, and the food rocks!

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.

Thanks for the best LOL (for reals) of the day!!

She is used to statements like this from me. I think she knows I'm joking, hasn't divorced me yet.

ce1

Mar 23, 2006
Minnesota

If there's more than a five-point run against the team, I assume that it is because i'm watching. So i switch to HGTV for 2 minutes then switch back - it's my little contribution to every win. :smile:

CyFamilyMom

Dec 14, 2013

Last year we went to Applebee's (son got the Hoiburger) before the home Kansas game and the Big XII Championship game against KU. Tonight he is going to check out the Prohm Steak Burger to maintain the tradition. I am not a fan of Applebee's, but we all have to make sacrifices in the name of superstition.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012

Not too many superstitions anymore, used to always go in So. doors, been using W or No. usually last few years. Gold shirt is in washer right now to be ready for game tonight. Damn it already getting pumped up for game! Freakin Hilton Coliseum best place in the world to watch basketball!!

Cardinal2001

Feb 14, 2007
Ames

I have 2 yellow shirts on today. Doubling up! Both have victories on their record (some were in Florida).

Help Support Us

Become a patron