Cy-Hawk Game This Year: Revenge or Just Shutting Up Their Idiot Fans?

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
Lol what?
FPI has them at like a 40% chance of making the CFP and in the top 4. You guys are that good. Not sure how Iowa stands any type of chance against you all and I am being serious. The more I think about this game the more I think Iowa loses by a score of 35-20.

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
I get your probably already posturing in the event you lose but Oklahoma is the favorite. But I agree with failure in a loss.
You split with them last year and return most of your team. ISU is the favorite in my eyes.

KCyclone2010

May 19, 2017
Can somebody give an honest assessment of Iowa? Why are they being picked pretty high in preseason rankings? I was not overly impressed with their team last year from what I did watch, and Petras just looks very average. They lost a lot on the D Line as well.

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
Plus ISU is due for a win against Iowa. It has been 6 years counting the year off last year.

RClone

Dec 8, 2019
Just win the game.

Oh, and please drop the hammer on the purple hawks as a warm up.
My nephew went to UNI but was/remains a rabid Hawkster. If Iowa loses...they had better put a suicide alert out on that dude from Marshalltown who screams phone calls in to Murph and Shmandy on KXNO.

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
Can somebody give an honest assessment of Iowa? Why are they being picked pretty high in preseason rankings? I was not overly impressed with their team last year from what I did watch, and Petras just looks very average. They lost a lot on the D Line as well.
They lost a lot on the DL, but they return some youth that can be decent if they put it together. Their back 7 on D returns and their LBs, Campbell especially, are very athletic and rangy.

Their OL should be very good this year and Goodson is a nice 3 down back. Their TEs are good also. Iowa is probably a 9-3 ceiling type team this year.

WR, DL, and consistent QB play are the questions at Iowa this year.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
FPI has them at like a 40% chance of making the CFP and in the top 4. You guys are that good. Not sure how Iowa stands any type of chance against you all and I am being serious. The more I think about this game the more I think Iowa loses by a score of 35-20.
Predicting that game is impossible. There’s always, ALWAYS weird **** that happens in it.

KCyclone2010

May 19, 2017
They lost a lot on the DL, but they return some youth that can be decent if they put it together. Their back 7 on D returns and their LBs, Campbell especially, are very athletic and rangy.

Their OL should be very good this year and Goodson is a nice 3 down back. Their TEs are good also. Iowa is probably a 9-3 ceiling type team this year.

WR, DL, and consistent QB play are the questions at Iowa this year.
Thanks for the breakdown. So basically stop the run, and make Petras throw. Good thing run defense is something we excel at

• Agree
Reactions: 1776

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
We need to be honest. I dislike hawk fans as well. However, their football team has been better than ours the past 5 years....and they may still be. Ferentz has a system that works. Control the clock, dominate the line of scrimmage, no turnovers, run the ball. They also are traditionally stronger physically than us. Look at how many NFL players they have produced...it really is quite impressive.

The hawks have beaten us in every sport for the past several years, and in wrestling for decades. We make fun of Barta, but in all honesty his coaches / programs have kicked our butt's.

So..until we actually beat them in something..we have to take it from them. They have proven they are better than us.

Past 5 years? eh prob not. Keep in mind Iowa has the luxury of missing Top teams in the conf almost every year...Iowa has played the best team in the conf (1) time in past 5 years? That is pathetic honestly.

ISU played for big 12 title and won NY6 game last year..Alamo year before. Iowa has done neither in past 5 years.

What really sucks is the 2019 game ISU truly dominated that game....9 hour rain delays and all. Oh well.

I'll be very surprised if ISU doesnt win this game this year..

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
You guys are that good. Not sure how Iowa stands any type of chance against you all and I am being serious.
Well we know how Kirk views this game. I agree the talent gap is very large between the two teams though

ISU4NH

Aug 9, 2020
Win in a full Jack Trice and the Hok faithful will have no excuses. And please, no thunderstorms that stretch the game out for 6 hours.

I simply want a glorious late autumn afternoon in Ames with the opportunity to prove we are at the top or game.

Am I asking for too much?

• Agree
Reactions: Dormeezy

Clyde4cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 22, 2018
I would love to shut up their yapping fans. If they happen to win, they will be crazy obnoxious. Beating our supposed best team ever...kind of like what we did in 2002. Iowa has not had a single turnover against ISU since 2014. We are due for that to change. IMO ISU is better at pretty much every single position group. A few (OL, DB, K/P) are a push at worst. There is no reason why we should lose this game and on paper, this should be a 2TD win. But ISU needs to play a clean game for once and it wouldn't hurt if iowa made a mistake or two.

Has a Campbell coached team not forced a turnover against Iowa? If so that is crazy.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Even years when we have won they claim if we played at end of year, they would have beat us.

Not sure what the excuse was in 2001.
And don't forget one win "not counting" because according to many hawk fans you have to score a TD to beat a team - never mind the scoreboard saying 15-13 for the Cyclones as time expired.

Long live Shaggy.

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
And don't forget one win "not counting" because according to many hawk fans you have to score a TD to beat a team - never mind the scoreboard saying 15-13 for the Cyclones as time expired.

Long live Shaggy.
My wife is a clone fan, I met her that day as she gave me **** for Iowa losing.