Crash and Burn; Anyone Else?

alaskaguy

Apr 11, 2006
I broke my collarbone and tore up my shoulder skiing today at Steamboat. It hurts!

The doctor said that it will take at least six weeks to heal and I have an appointment to see an orthopedic surgeon.

Has anybody else broken their collarbone and if so how long did it take to heal?

everyyard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2006
www.cyclonejerseys.com
I broke my collarbone and tore up my shoulder skiing today at Steamboat. It hurts!

The doctor said that it will take at least six weeks to heal and I have an appointment to see an orthopedic surgeon.

Has anybody else broken their collarbone and if so how long did it take to heal?

if your shoulder is tore up worry more about that. the collar bone will heal basically whatever you do with it, including nothing (no sling, figure of 8, or anything.) it will take 4-6 weeks to completely heal but you'll be a lot better in 10-14 days and likely off pain meds.

alaskaguy

Apr 11, 2006
Ligament damage; but the doc says everything should heal with time. In fact, the doc said that he had a similar injury skiing one year ago, and the doc is older than me.

madcityCY

Nov 29, 2006
Madison, WI
i landed on my ribs yesterday coming off a rail in the terrain park... im still young enough i bounce though...

ISUclones33

Nov 26, 2006
broke mine, didnt wear sling long enough, ended up having to have surgery. Becareful with that

chadm

Giving it a go
Apr 11, 2006
Midwest

Sorry to hear.

Bad fall or did you hit something or someone?

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
Hearing this type of thing makes me glad I've somehow made it through 29 years of life without breaking any bones in my body........well, except for the bone in the very tip of my index finger after slamming it in a car door.

I've played basketball for a long time and the worst I've ever done was just this past summer when I sprained my ankle so badly that my entire foot/ankle area from mid-shin down bruised up.

alaskaguy

Apr 11, 2006
I didn't realize that landing in powder could cause so much damage.

It was kinda fun riding down in one of the sleds. I was nearly at the peak where I crashed.

clones_jer

Apr 16, 2006
IA
Andre Johnson 2 for 17 yards receiving
Vikes D gives up 24 points
and McNabb sucks it up.

Add to that, my opponent has DeAngelo Williams ... and yes, I crashed and burned today.

Reactions: alaskaguy

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron