CR Gazette calling for transparency from Ferentz

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
What do you want to know that he did not address? As things currently stand?
I'd like for him to answer some questions regarding the chain of command / balance of power within the University of Iowa AD and where he stands. I'd like Barta to answer that question as well, along with "Why is it that the man that was investigated and found guilty of instituting a culture of racial discrimination gets to be the one who sets up and hand picks members of a committee that overlooks how he runs the culture that was just investigated?"

• Winner
Reactions: clonedude

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
You thinking that a carefully crafted email for PR purposes is the same thing as having to sit down and answer tough questions is easily on the Mt Rushmore of stupid sh!t that you have posted. And lets get serious, that list is pretty long.
Also, your not getting a sit down interview in the wake of a lawsuit. Maybe when that is over there will be more interviews, but I kinda doubt it. He has never done them.

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
I'd like for him to answer some questions regarding the chain of command / balance of power within the University of Iowa AD and where he stands. I'd like Barta to answer that question as well, along with "Why is it that the man that was investigated and found guilty of instituting a culture of racial discrimination gets to be the one who sets up and hand picks members of a committee that overlooks how he runs the culture that was just investigated?"
How would you rank the importance of committee members to allow their voice be heard? is Porter the most important guy in the room?

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
Well, if Barta OKed it that is on him is it not? And judging by all the past committee members the recommendations were met and done how they asked them to be. So why is this a story?

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
What court put a gag order on the committee members?
If someone came out and said things about me without asking my perspective before going public with it and it was not something I agreed with, I am not giving them the time of day either. Sorry you think they have too.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Lol, so you are in the camp that he is required to sit down and talk with media that reported on something without asking his response first? Those idiots did not ask anyone before publishing an article that was slanted one side. Then they demand to talk to people after the slanted piece. They get told no and are shocked no one will come talk to them. Call me names all you want, but not getting bullied by the press is kind of nice in this day and age where free speech has gotten out of hand.
I guess I thought I saw somewhere that he asked for a comment from the FB program and he was told to go pound sand. Was it in that tweet exchange with the other committee member?

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
How would you rank the importance of committee members to allow their voice be heard? is Porter the most important guy in the room?
Well I think he was put on as chair for a reason, but I don't think his voice is the end all be all, like Kirk's is. Because he set up the committee.

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018
Lol, so you are in the camp that he is required to sit down and talk with media that reported on something without asking his response first? Those idiots did not ask anyone before publishing an article that was slanted one side. Then they demand to talk to people after the slanted piece. They get told no and are shocked no one will come talk to them. Call me names all you want, but not getting bullied by the press is kind of nice in this day and age where free speech has gotten out of hand.

What did “those idiots” publish that was false?

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
If someone came out and said things about me without asking my perspective before going public with it and it was not something I agreed with, I am not giving them the time of day either. Sorry you think they have too.
They don't have to speak to the Gazette to get their views out there. The silence is deafening.

Reactions: Carlisle Clone

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Well, if Barta OKed it that is on him is it not? And judging by all the past committee members the recommendations were met and done how they asked them to be. So why is this a story?
Right, I think Barta should answer the question on why Kirk was allowed to be the one to set up and run the committee! Barta is seriously just as important in this entire endeavor as anyone else! Hence why Porter suggested he step down as well. Barta is a terrible AD and honestly one of the worst in P5 athletics.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013

Who wants to be the one to tell him?

Reactions: Statefan10

Cyclones1969

Jul 26, 2021
They don't have to speak to the Gazette to get their views out there. The silence is deafening.

You make the assumption kirk gives a ****. He doesn’t care. He got through the year, they won games, his son will get the job now.

Iowa fan is more like these two deficients than decent, and they’re thrilled they won games

Kirk never cared, his e-mail he really sent got out, so someone on his support staff wrote a bunch of lies to appease parents.

He is the exact same person he always was, and Iowa fan does not care as long as they win.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: carvers4math

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
I guess I thought I saw somewhere that he asked for a comment from the FB program and he was told to go pound sand. Was it in that tweet exchange with the other committee member?
Yes, if you guys cannot see that the piece was put out there to get an exclusive interview I do not know what to tell you. They did not get what they wanted so attempted to drum up attention again with a follow up editorial. And then Porter and others reached out to Twitter land to find people to attempt to drum up more attention to it.

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
You have been on the wrong side of this entire thing. The mental backflips that you have to make are remarkable.
I know other ISU fans and alumni that think Kirk did the right thing with this. But keep acting like you speak for the whole fanbase.

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
Right, I think Barta should answer the question on why Kirk was allowed to be the one to set up and run the committee! Barta is seriously just as important in this entire endeavor as anyone else! Hence why Porter suggested he step down as well. Barta is a terrible AD and honestly one of the worst in P5 athletics.
I can agree on all of that, my whole stance is that the piece is a non story and Porter is mad he did not get to fire the boss that gave him a voice.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
You make the assumption kirk gives a ****. He doesn’t care. He got through the year, they won games, his son will get the job now.

Iowa fan is more like these two deficients than decent, and they’re thrilled they won games

Kirk never cared, his e-mail he really went got out, so someone on his support staff wrote a bunch of lies to appease parents.

He is the exact same person he always was, and Iowa fan does not care as long as they win.

Just like KF made up an award to reward Doyle for rhabdo, he got a two million dollar reward for running a racist football program.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
I know other ISU fans and alumni that think Kirk did the right thing with this. But keep acting like you speak for the whole fanbase.
I didn't say anywhere that I speak for the entire fan base. P.s. I love that you think that Kirk Ferentz gave Daniels a voice. So glad that white man let that black man have "a voice". Your undertones reek as though you would be a good fit to work with Doyle.

• Agree
Reactions: Statefan10