CR Gazette calling for transparency from Ferentz

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
So there are 3 oversight committees focused on the treatment of players in the football program and you all want there to be more transparency?
No, there is one. The UofI DEI it appears does nothing with the AD. The one kirk had, was dissolved. so that just leaves his old coach heading up the AD DEI.

• Dumb
Reactions: Halincandenza

Cyclones1969

Jul 26, 2021
No, there is one. The UofI DEI it appears does nothing with the AD. The one kirk had, was dissolved. so that just leaves his old coach heading up the AD DEI.

Impossible @Halincandenza said that they were monitoring the football program to make sure Kirk stopped being racist.

Imagine pretending Kirk wouldn’t go all Lou brown in Major League, and piss all over it, if he was handed a report saying there were racial problems in his program. Oh wait, he already did that once.

• Agree
Reactions: BCClone

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
......was dissolved and will make a new one with a different focus. Please keep leaving that out of the conversation lol

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
......was dissolved and will make a new one with a different focus. Please keep leaving that out of the conversation lol
1. It is non existent until there is one. So you can say some future committee but until it actually is a committee it isn't.
2. What is it's focus? Is it even very relevant if we don't know what their focus is?

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
1. It is non existent until there is one. So you can say some future committee but until it actually is a committee it isn't.
2. What is it's focus? Is it even very relevant if we don't know what their focus is?

Kirk has said he would do things before but neglected to follow through

• Winner
Reactions: VeloClone

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
Kirk stated in the letter it will be focused on the current players and climate.

• Haha
Reactions: BillBrasky4Cy

Gossamer

Apr 10, 2014
let's all just step back for a bit...it's unconscionable to me, that in the world we live in, there is even a discussion about this and that ANY of the actors involved are still part of the program, let alone allowed to form a committee for topics that shouldn't require committees.

what possibly does KF have on the UI that allows he and his son, along with any others who have been implicated, to remain employed there?

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
Why do you all revert back to the past soooo fast when it is pointed out what is currently going on? I know the answer to why. It has been spelled out for you but you do not like the answer

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
let's all just step back for a bit...it's unconscionable to me, that in the world we live in, there is even a discussion about this and that ANY of the actors involved are still part of the program, let alone allowed to form a committee for topics that shouldn't require committees.

what possibly does KF have on the UI that allows he and his son, along with any others who have been implicated, to remain employed there?
So ISU fans do not believe Kirk should be in power anymore and are the ones fueling this movement? or at least CF is?

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
Like forming a committee after the 2018 that he attended once and thought it was a pain and never met with them again? @Thinker is Kirkkk's new committee going to be similar to the 2018 one?
You seem to know it all, so you tell me please.

Gossamer

Apr 10, 2014
lol...thinker, i'm not going to speak for all ISU fans or CF...but the fact that you use the word power is interesting to me.

most reasonable people would acknowledge that the situation you don't want to speak of, because it's not in the present, should have resulted in the end of the KF era. not sure that requires they cheer for a particular school or are present on a forum to feel that way.

the facts are that he is/was the head of the program and allowed/fostered an environment that was racist enough to remove someone AND resulted in a lawsuit.

those same reasonable people would then assume allowing the head of the aforementioned program to be in charge of ANYTHING related to the matter is ridiculous for a multitude of reasons

i don't care if he works for UI or Alabama. If you're a racist, allow racism in your program or turn a blind eye to racism, you don't belong at any institution, let alone get to choose how to handle your committee that is focused on racial matters of any kind.

and that's my opinion

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
lol...thinker, i'm not going to speak for all ISU fans or CF...but the fact that you use the word power is interesting to me.

most reasonable people would acknowledge that the situation you don't want to speak of, because it's not in the present, should have resulted in the end of the KF era. not sure that requires they cheer for a particular school or are present on a forum to feel that way.

the facts are that he is/was the head of the program and allowed/fostered an environment that was racist enough to remove someone AND resulted in a lawsuit.

those same reasonable people would then assume allowing the head of the aforementioned program to be in charge of ANYTHING related to the matter is ridiculous for a multitude of reasons

i don't care if he works for UI or Alabama. If you're a racist, allow racism in your program or turn a blind eye to racism, you don't belong at any institution, let alone get to choose how to handle your committee that is focused on racial matters of any kind.

and that's my opinion
This x100. This was a perfect encapsulation of what most people on here have been saying.

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017

and that's my opinion
So former players said Kirk is fine, current players wanted him to stay, but 8 or so guys that did not make it into the NFL have said Kirk is the problem. Because of this you are labeling Kirk as Racist, you are saying he hates people of color?

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
This x100. This was a perfect encapsulation of what most people on here have been saying.
You all seem to ignore other accounts and stories and dwell on only the ones that paint a negative light. It is also possible the things said were fabricated to a degree. I will again say I do not like what happened and feel bad for players that felt this way. It just seems circumstatial to me with how some of the stuff is going down.

• Dumb
Reactions: Cycho1

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Why do you all revert back to the past soooo fast when it is pointed out what is currently going on? I know the answer to why. It has been spelled out for you but you do not like the answer
Because Kirk et al can't be trusted. He lies, prevaricates, and stonewalls. He has total control over every single thing in the program and it is highly suspect to believe that everything is all fixed now. Why do you so quickly gloss over 20+ years over bad doing. I know why- it is much easier to tilt at windmills in Kirk's defense rather then readily admit you support his racism due to the results on the field.

• Winner
Reactions: Cyclones1969

Gossamer

Apr 10, 2014
So former players said Kirk is fine, current players wanted him to stay, but 8 or so guys that did not make it into the NFL have said Kirk is the problem. Because of this you are labeling Kirk as Racist, you are saying he hates people of color?

let me ask you, does the number of accusers matter in any situation? are you saying Doyle should have stayed because in fact, 8 isn't enough?

I'm not labeling KF anything nor have I said he hates anyone. I spoke about the facts of the matter and then applied my opinion about what should have happened with him.

if you want to take liberty with the things I wrote and misconstrue them, you're really no different than the people you seem to take issue with.

my personal opinion is this...KF knew about and allowed some things to happen, that while he may not have agreed with, he ignored...and that is part of racism, thinker...and if you don't understand that, with all respect to you, you need to learn some more about the subject.

Last edited:

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
You all seem to ignore other accounts and stories and dwell on only the ones that paint a negative light. It is also possible the things said were fabricated to a degree. I will again say I do not like what happened and feel bad for players that felt this way. It just seems circumstatial to me with how some of the stuff is going down.
This is nearly word for word what Kirk said.

I also have read what those guys said who believed Kirk should stay. And I would've agreed with them in some extent if Kirk would've gotten rid of Brian as well as Wallace. Brian 100% should not be on that staff anymore and he is. Because of Kirk. So if Kirk won't allow his son to be fired for his actions, and Barta is too spineless to make that decision, then Barta and Kirk both need to go. Porter literally said this exact same thing.