CR Gazette calling for transparency from Ferentz

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Yeah so spare me the “He deserves a chance to change.” He literally knew of these issues and did not care about them until he was publicly called out.

I told my coworker she has a nice rack but I promised HR that I would never do it again....

Reactions: Carlisle Clone

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Also it seems that KF and GB have a history of knowing of the issues and not making the needed changes in the past. They had all of this in a report from 2018 and nothing got done until it was revealed AGAIN in 2020.

A few key findings from the school's own report in 2018;

1. Black players were...
    1. Expected to conform to White culture.
    2. Subjected to verbal harassment.
    3. Targeted for extra drug testing.
    4. Misled about resources available to them during the recruiting process.
    5. Subjected to inequitable discipline policies and double standards.
    6. Misunderstood by both coaches and White player.
    7. Unsupported in their academic pursuits.

So based on historical evidence they need to be monitored more closely, to make sure that changes are being made, or you know just cut the cancer out and be done with it.
So he lies to them right up front also? If X I may be concerned about any NIL promises then.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I told my coworker she has a nice rack but I promised HR that I would never do it again....
As long as you’re trying to better yourself, what you said or did in the past should be forgiven and you shouldn’t have any consequences for your actions.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
As long as you’re trying to better yourself, what you said or did in the past should be forgiven and you shouldn’t have any consequences for your actions.
I’m sure cops will let you off if you tell them you know you made a mistake but promise not to do it again.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Or consequence of a multi million dollar raise
Yeah that’s something that’s not talked about enough and not at all by Iowa fans.. 18 months out of a ginormous scandal, son in a lawsuit and still on staff, national (and now some local) media pieces still being written on the current handling of things… and Barta extends Kirk and gives him a nice raise. Incredible lol

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Gee, no quoted posts from thinker today, is he using his 7Got6 account today? I just see they get quoted all the time as I have them both on ignore.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
@BillBrasky4Cy is the right guy to lead change and end misogyny.”

- Keith Murphy
That’s literally how the dynamic works inside the Iowa program. Lol it’d be like the CEO of a company that covered up years of sexual harassment within the company being the one that gets to lead the charge of stopping sexual harassment within the company.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Yes that stuff was handled wrongly, but not my decision to keep an employee or coach. The president at the U of I had a chance to dismiss Kirk but did not. Not sure why. Kirk is not perfect by any means, but I do think the culture in the program has changed recently. The way I see what he did with that Everson and Satterfield deal was to save face and the program and he did it the wrong way IMO. Since that time those situations have been dealt with differently by him and the university IMO.

This whole thing to me is not about Kirk, but the program. Simply saying it is still the same without actually evidence to say that is wrong. Plain and simple.
I think the major silliness in all this evaluation is it is framed as though this is like a company where Kirk comes in and there are all these other long-term employees, as if the Iowa football program has a culture all its own that Kirk can influence. The reality is, particularly by this time, the culture is what the head coach makes. Nothing less, nothing more. It is not Kirk having influence on "Iowa's culture." It's Kirk's. And the culture he built with HIS actions include not only the sexual assault case, but emboldening Doyle after the Rhabdo case. What message was Kirk saying about Doyle and his methods after that?

And the blindspot argument is crazy. My in law family is loaded with football coaches at the HS and college level. They have known Kirk and people within the program for 20 years. If there's one thing they will say across the board, there's not a thing, no minute or seemingly insignificant detail that happens within the program that Kirk isn't fully aware of.

Help Support Us

Become a patron