Coronavirus Coronavirus: In-Iowa General Discussion (Not Limited)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Ohio has enacted a mandatory 3 week spring break at arting tomorrow for k-12. State wide. Anything like this in IA?

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Ohio has enacted a mandatory 3 week spring break at arting tomorrow for k-12. State wide. Anything like this in IA?

No, but I've been dreading it here. Today we got a pretty severe email from our daycare provider that if a kid so much as coughs they'll be removed to a manager's office and will need to be picked up within thirty minutes and can't come back without a doctor's note.
Have you heard any details there about what, if anything, the state is going to do to help families sort this out? I would think most people don't have a contingency plan for their kid(s) unexpectedly being home for three weeks.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
No, but I've been dreading it here. Today we got a pretty severe email from our daycare provider that if a kid so much as coughs they'll be removed to a manager's office and will need to be picked up within thirty minutes and can't come back without a doctor's note.
Have you heard any details there about what, if anything, the state is going to do to help families sort this out? I would think most people don't have a contingency plan for their kid(s) unexpectedly being home for three weeks.

I didn’t dig in to it much. Doesn’t apply to our situation.

dosry5

Nov 28, 2006
Johnston
I was sent home yesterday. Of course I WAS drunk and not wearing pants, but it could be the fever.

Seriously - my 1,800 person company (a utility in Spokane) has sent all non-essential home starting yesterday to work from home.
THIS IS THE IOWA THREAD!!! ARE YOU STILL DRUNK? AND PANTLESS?

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
You can stick your head up a bulls ass but I’d rather take a butchers word...
38f4a630-7fdf-4ffe-8075-4d786d725d39_text.gif

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Anybody been to Hy-Vee or Fareway today? Assume panic buying is picking up.

Hy-Vee has a three day sale on Pork Butts $.99/lb. I got six that averaged 8.5 lbs each. They had a good supply of TP.

People checking out of hotels are being asked if they are taking rolls of TP with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron