Coronavirus Coronavirus: In-Iowa General Discussion (Not Limited)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines
I've been going to the Walmart in WDM almost every day after work just to make sure we stay fully stocked on the necessities.
It has maybe seemed a little busier but that store is almost always busy.

Most of the TP was sold out, but they still had some available as of last night. The cleaning products were also pretty low but they still had 3 and 4 packs of the Clorox wipes.
Looked to still be plenty of food available.

I've got young kids so I have been stocking up on formula and diapers.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
I've been going to the Walmart in WDM almost every day after work just to make sure we stay fully stocked on the necessities.
It has maybe seemed a little busier but that store is almost always busy.

Most of the TP was sold out, but they still had some available as of last night. The cleaning products were also pretty low but they still had 3 and 4 packs of the Clorox wipes.
Looked to still be plenty of food available.

I've got young kids so I have been stocking up on formula and diapers.

I guess I'm thinking that if worst comes to worst and my family has to self quarantine there's always the grocery delivery option. And if we get to the point where that service isn't available or if the store runs out of everything then we've got bigger problems than a couple extra cases of bottled water and paper towels are gonna solve.

Reactions: Cyclones_R_GR8

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Bought my first bottle of the stuff over the weekend and I really like it.

As for the coronavirus thing, the toilet paper sellouts are insane. Someone took a picture of the empty TP aisle at Walmart in Newton. This is quite the social experiment.
Heard someone say in one of the Ames Wal-Marts a couple days ago that a person was physically guarding the TP. Later that night I went to Fareway and the shelves were stocked with all kinds of TP and there were like 5 people in the store. Strange.

• Informative
Reactions: isutrevman

RealisticCy

Nov 2, 2014
Ames, IA

As for the coronavirus thing, the toilet paper sellouts are insane. Someone took a picture of the empty TP aisle at Walmart in Newton. This is quite the social experiment.

Sam's Club in Ames yesterday, 95% of people had TP in their carts. A not insignificant portion had two giant packages......I don't understand it.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
Heard someone say in one of the Ames Wal-Marts a couple days ago that a person was physically guarding the TP. Later that night I went to Fareway and the shelves were stocked with all kinds of TP and there were like 5 people in the store. Strange.

Sam's Club in Ames yesterday, 95% of people had TP in their carts. A not insignificant portion had two giant packages......I don't understand it.
My hand is being forced to go buy some now because of this hysteria. I have a household of 5, so we power through the stuff.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
She’s usually fine when we come over...

Man, I put that one on a tee.

giphy.gif

• Agree
Reactions: cdface and dosry5

aauummm

May is National Walking Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
Not today. I was at the Windsor Heights Hy Vee last night to grab a few things. They were totally sold out of hand sanitizer and running pretty low on TP (which, why?) and disinfectant wipes, but everything else was pretty much normal. I usually make my big grocery run on Friday but I might knock it out tonight just in case. Interesting times.
Went to Altoona WalMart yesterday and things were normal there. No big crowds, didn't notice anything being sold out. The refrigerated beef display case was empty but I think that was because they were renovating it.

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
Ehhh, some people place significant importance on only getting two-ply.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Maybe we need a poll for how many people you know that actually has the virus - I personally no nobody with the virus.

I don't know anybody who has tested positive for it yet. And that's the problem and reason for concern. I'll tread carefully here so as not to make this political, but due to the late start we got on testing and the limited availability of testing even now there is no way of knowing just how widespread it is and who may have been exposed or even had it already and passed it on and not even realized it.

deadeyededric

Dec 12, 2009
Parts Unknown

Just use a sock. It works just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.