Coronavirus Coronavirus: In-Iowa General Discussion (Not Limited)

Status
Not open for further replies.

erinmd32

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2015
Although many cases in Cedar Rapids are due to the long term care center Quaker Oats also had an several. A Mercy Hospital doctor this week said the majority of people on a vent were under 65.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
77 new cases (although note that this is not a 24 hour total because they are switching reporting methods, so I wouldn't assume the cases are really down.

7 new deaths.

ljm4cy

Apr 26, 2014
77 new cases (although note that this is not a 24 hour total because they are switching reporting methods, so I wouldn't assume the cases are really down.

7 new deaths.

Was there any advance notice the state was going to change its reporting methods? Anyone know the reasoning? Just seems odd that the state chose Easter Sunday, with no press conference, to implement a change.

Edited to remove potential political content.

Last edited:

Urbandale2013

Jan 28, 2018
Urbandale
Was there any advance notice the state was going to change its reporting methods? Anyone know the reasoning? Just seems odd that the state chose Easter Sunday, with no press conference, to implement a change.

Edited to remove potential political content.
Don’t know why but it’s the beginning of the week. Seems like a reasonable time to make the change.

ljm4cy

Apr 26, 2014
Don’t know why but it’s the beginning of the week. Seems like a reasonable time to make the change.

Do you think it is reasonable to ask the the past fourteen days data conform to the new system if that data is important for the decision-making matrix?

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Do you think it is reasonable to ask the the past fourteen days data conform to the new system if that data is important for the decision-making matrix?

It all evens out after a couple days. Pretty irrelevant. So far deaths and cases are way down nationally also.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Changing how they report the data to the public doesn't mean they are changing how they are analyzing the data for decision making purposes.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Right now the numbers are 70% of yesterday or the day before.

FYI you were closeish on the national scale. Not 70% but down about 300 deaths and 2500 cases from yesterday.

I had it up a few minutes ago and then I think it 'closed' at 8 PM CST...must be the daily time frame they use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Help Support Us

Become a patron