Coronavirus Coronavirus: In-Iowa General Discussion (Not Limited)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
Someone left this comment during the Governor's press conference today (Wed.) Interesting for several reasons.
"A guy in Hancock county got off a plane from Florida and a couple hours later he was in the local elevator and in the local gas station. Let’s all shelter in place! I’m a trucker and the place I haul to won’t shut down."

@BCClone, why you do that?

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Well, you are like the only person I know that lives in that county, so you had to be the culprit

Be quiet, I don’t claim to be from here and always say I’m from where the farm is or where I graduated from. So I claim Winnebago county. I don’t want people to think I married my cousin like the majority of the couples in this town have.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Just heard there is a positive in the county and he even went to board meetings, work and everything after coming in from Mexico .

Geez you think about those these things go down and it feels like there's pod people among us.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Yeah same here. My employers won't allow anyone at this time to wfh because they think it'll impact their job performance. We also have plenty of employees constantly walking in and out of this office all day long going various places within the state. There's even been someone who came into contact with someone who has this virus, yet they say they feel fine and are still coming into the office. We have 20+ employees most days but that number can go up when people come in for meetings.

Half of the people with authority here aren't taking this seriously at all and keep calling this a hoax.

Of course it will probably affect people's productivity. I'd look for another job not just because if the specific case, but you clearly work for some ******* morons.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
ask my old school boss

He'll say we have 8 people in the office and we don't come in contact with anyone on the outside world so we should be fine.

Another employee has a part time job in retail, so I'm sure they're the one that will expose us all. Hah.
I love the dumbasses that could work from home but don't and think it's ok because they just go to work and the store. It's like the virus will take it easy on them because going to the store is essential.

Reactions: ClonesTwenty1

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Which is why widespread testing was needed. And we still don't have it.

Widespread testing would have made this whole thing a lot easier. It would have been bad, but we could have handled it. But we are flying blind.

It’s like getting a DUI and just pretending like all of that mail in the DOT envelopes is just spam and not opening it so it doesn’t exist.

jdcyclone19

Apr 14, 2017
Iowa
The state has 238 ventilators on hand and trying to secure more. I’m not sure how many the hospitals have but that doesn’t seem like near enough. I know Mary Greeley in Ames only has 10.

Last edited:

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO

I’m not sure what to think about this. My dad works for WF and has been working at home the past couple weeks. I do know some people that still have to go in, but that’s because their position deals with sensitive information that they’re required to be on a secure line for.

Think businesses should be accommodating in this climate, but that article reads like sour grapes to me.

Tri4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 4, 2012
Des Moines
The state has 238 ventilators on hand and trying to secure more. I’m not sure how many the hospitals have but that doesn’t seem like near enough. I know Mary Greeley in Ames only has 10.

I thought this was corrected to 238 AVAILABLE. As in they have more than that but they were currently in use. I think the Gov staff initially sent out the message of 238 but then corrected themselves stating the error in that number. I can't find the tweet at this time.

Now that doesn't change the fact that we only have 238 available, but as a state we do have more than 238.

Edit: I still can't find the exact tweet/article...but what I could find suggested that the TOTAL number is 280. Better...but still not great!

Last edited:

Primetime26

Sep 7, 2012
Define "effected".

Our small biz has seen average daily revenue drop by 83% from the first 2 weeks of March, compared to last week. We are a global parts supplier, not a bar, restaurant, or entertainment venue.

Almost everyone who isn't making, transporting, or retailing basic consumer goods is getting obliterated.

Effected as in the work force hasn't been impacted. Without going into too much detail, management is definitely not pushing people to work from home and I'll leave it at that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron