[Concept] MBB Introduction Music - Now 100% Jock Jams Free!

ZachsterPoke

Jan 4, 2010
So, this is a concept I've had for a while since the whole "Jock Jams is too 90s" discussion keeps popping up. I've tried to stitch together a video to go with it, but I can't find anything free that is remotely usable for me on Win 8.1. Plus, I can't just overlay the current video as the timing would be incredibly off. So, it is simply a work-in-progress idea.

Essentially it replaces both the Intro video soundtrack AND the Jock Jams song with a shortened version of "Rage Valley" by Knife Party as one continuous intro. This unifies it into a more streamlined entrance for the team.

Since the original song has some swearing, I did my best to edit them out.

Attachment: View attachment isu_basketball_knifeparty.mp3

Some key time-points for this concept as you listen:

0:00 - Obligatory Tornado Siren / I-State logo shot.
0:04 - Music (& video) kicks off.
1:04 - Music Fades / Video shows the Big 12 Tourney Trophy & fades.
1:08 - Build up starts.
1:14ish - First player gets introduced, peaking around...
1:22 - First player's name gets read.
1:23 - Music kicks off again, rest of team gets introduced.
1:55ish - Last player is introduced, crowd picks up "Let's Go State" chant.
2:25 - Crowd switches to "Cyclone Power" chant. Song continues until tip-off.

Notes:
* BPM is similar to Jock Jams, so the chants shouldn't be affected.
* Swearing was "filtered" at 1:28 and 2:38.
* I used Audacity to edit the song.
* The original song can be heard here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ys9sIqv42lo

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Last edited:

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Isn't rage valley by knife party exactly what KU plays? I like their pregame, but I don't want to copy them. We do need to do something differently though. Our pregame is so stale it isn't even funny.

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
I don't care for the song but would love to see things changed from Jock jams. Why isn't there someone in charge of coordinating this and if there is they must be 50 with tenure. Song selection is terrible and should be such an easy fix. I'm dumbfounded on the whole topic I I

Last edited:

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Why isn't there someone in charge of coordinating this and if there is they must be 50 with tenure. Song selection is terrible and should be such an easy fix.

Our crowd needs something like this to figure out the rhythm to Jock Jams (and similar music that has a well-defined beat):

holland.jpg

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
All I know is I cringe every time I hear that crappy 90's music. I always want to scream Mortal Kombat! but that song was better than the cassette we play.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Our football and basketball entrances are so dull.. Seriously, how hard can it be to create a high energy introduction for both of those? I don't care who does it or what we do, but we need to change both of them.

CtownCyclone

Really Strong Cardinals
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2010
Where they love the governor
Trying to get MiniCtown to sleep, so I didn't have a listen...

Go straight up WWE for the intro. I'm thinking HHH's music. Performed by Motorhead, so the Old Clones will appreciate it. Would work great if we had black out capability at Hilton.

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
Loop the first 40 seconds of "If I had a Heart" by Fever Ray ( maybe a little faster paced version if there is one) mixed with a tornado siren....crowd chants "Lets Go State!!"

Disclaimer.....I only know of this song/artist because I watched Vikings on the History Channel. :unsure:

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
I personally don't mind that we change up the pre-lineup music and video up from time to time but I kind of like the tradition of "get ready for this" for the starting lineup. Programs build traditions over time, that's one I kind of like to keep even though our crowd can't even seem to clap in sync to it or the fight song half the time :mad:

If we ever changed it up being the Bulls fan that I am I've always liked this for starting lineup music but I'm sure the Jock Jams haters here will find it outdated too:

[video=youtube;yCR85u9QngQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCR85u9QngQ[/video]