COLUMN: 3-Up, 3-Down on the 2017-18 season

Cyhops

Nov 4, 2009
Oak Island NC
But between the injuries we were rarely at 8. Let alone 10. Jacobson was hurt in the December range. Hans rarely practiced. Long was out a lot with the concussion. Talley was out for weeks. Babb wasn’t practicing when the injury hit even while he was playing. And solo missed practice time while he was trying to battle. DJ missed probably 1.5 weeks of practice.

It amazes me there are so many fans who don’t have a clue about the injuries.
It amazes me that someone spends half their day researching the average jock size of the Cyclone basketball team. But that is just me.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
Passing, turnovers, shooting, depth in case of injury - these are all important and should be better next year. But to me the biggest gain should be CHEMISTRY.

The most expected roster - Wigg, Lard, Solo, Shayok, NWB, with Talley and Lewis off the bench -- they have all been together an entire year now. Prior to this past season, only NWB and Solo had ever even practiced together. Think about how much more trust and understanding of each other you are going to see. Huge potential coming out of that.

Yes, Wigg needs better handles and Lard needs to be more consistent - they are 18 and I am confident they will improve. We need more threats shooting from 3 at a higher %. But chemistry is the biggest thing I thought they lacked this year.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron