Coaching Search Rumors - Consolidated Thread

DoctorUncle

May 30, 2015
yes! perfect crazy competent weirdo that isu needs!!

QUOTE=Redfox;4938060]Just spent an hour or so drinking a couple beers and reading up on Stitt and honestly, I love this choice! It might be a bit tough since he's only been at Montana a season, but it would be worth throwing the checkbook at it. From my research, it looks like he is making $175,000 this year plus a potential $50k bonus. If we went in and offered him like $1.5mill + incentives we'd still be giving him a huge raise to come over as well as save us a bit of money until he proves himself at this level in this conference.

I love his style. I love his offense. I love his personality and how much family means to him. I just think he'd be a great fit for Ames, Iowa and Iowa State University. Plus, I don't seem him bolting for the first job offer that comes if he were successful here. You don't stay at Colorado School of Mines for 15 years if you're looking to bolt. LOL!

Loved watching his press conference intro at Montana. Great personality and a fun guy that just wins. He gets my vote as of today!

[video=youtube;b5DndcbbsUE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5DndcbbsUE[/video][/QUOTE]

Last edited:

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
I didn't think this would ever happen but I am surprised how much Les Miles talk I have heard. It sounds like Leath, Pollard, and Co. are at least going to take a swing at it if he gets fired at LSU.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
I didn't think this would ever happen but I am surprised how much Les Miles talk I have heard. It sounds like Leath, Pollard, and Co. are at least going to take a swing at it if he gets fired at LSU.

As will all of the schools with openings. Unfortunately, ISU is towards the bottom of the list and has a 0.0000001% chance of hiring Les Miles.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Has anyone else heard Jay Norvell's name mentioned as a potential candidate?

And give us us that great offense that Texas ran against us? We would be better off making cpr a public relations guy and have someone else responsible for game decisions than this mess.

im4cyclones

Jun 14, 2010
Ames, IA
When people say they are hearing a name, I instantly dismiss the chances of it. No one on here knows what is going down - including Jeremy or CW. Pollard is too sly.

Reactions: ISUAgronomist

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.

i hope they talk the **** out of miles last thing I want is an AD to come out and say we want coach XYZ. Think what happened with the Bulls and Fred. He starts interviewing with everyone and their dog and the price probably goes up.

ChE2010

Mar 3, 2013
When people say they are hearing a name, I instantly dismiss the chances of it. No one on here knows what is going down - including Jeremy or CW. Pollard is too sly.

So what about the Prohm hiring? Pollard wasn't exactly sly in that one.

CyberJJJ

Dec 19, 2006
Johnston, IA
There's a power part of running the triple option though and hitting teams hard between the tackles can still challenge smaller, faster defenses. There is also a ball control mentality with that offense that would keep Baylor and Oklahoma offense on the sideline. It could be just the type of scheme that could have ISU competitive in every single game. Big 12 defenses would have little experience against an attack like that. Niumatalolo and Willie Fritz(Georgia Southern) would both run that offense FWIW.

I get this philosophy against smaller faster defenses, but what about against Bigger and faster defenses?

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
Les Miles would not be a good fit at ISU.

In 2001, he took over an Oklahoma State program that had losing records for the last 3 years and for 11 of the last 12. After one year of settling in, he won 8, 9, and 7 games over the next three years - in the Big 12 South.

Les Miles isn't coming to Iowa State. But it's silly to say he wouldn't be a good fit. He's one of the best coaches in the game. He's been to two national championships and won one!

2forISU

Oct 8, 2008
In 2001, he took over an Oklahoma State program that had losing records for the last 3 years and for 11 of the last 12. After one year of settling in, he won 8, 9, and 7 games over the next three years - in the Big 12 South.

Les Miles isn't coming to Iowa State. But it's silly to say he wouldn't be a good fit. He's one of the best coaches in the game. He's been to two national championships and won one!
Don't disagree with the success or being a good coach, Les is all of that. It's not the route ISU should go for long term stability, he would be gone in year or two.

im4cyclones

Jun 14, 2010
Ames, IA
So what about the Prohm hiring? Pollard wasn't exactly sly in that one.

Did you hear people leaking info from inside sources about Prohm being the guy? His name was on a list of candidates, which led to banter on here. But I don't recall people saying, "I hear that it is Prohm".

These candidate lists that CW, the Register, and all others put out are simply speculation. Could it be Miles? Maybe. But people saying "I hear they really like Miles" - no way they are hearing that from anyone. And if they are, it is a smoke screen.

ThatllDoCy

Sep 20, 2009
Minneapolis, MN
www.katchllc.com
Les Miles will remain in the SEC. South Carloina and Mizzou will make a huge run at him. I would love it, but that only happens at bizarro ISU.

Leath, Pollard and the search firm did a good job with the MBB search. That is a more desirable job and there were a lot of guys interested, no one that absolutely blew you away, but I think that they made a good decision based on who they interviewed.

The search firm can put out feelers, and use their network to see who is interested. I would really like to see someone with Rhoads enthusiasm, but a guy who has more fun while doing it. Rhoads and CO. are old school. So maybe a young guy like Stitt or Frost that could come in and have fun with it would be great.

I love the attitude that Rhoads and Co. brought in, but he seemed a bit "tough love" which has its time and place, but should be metered out in doses. Give me someone more creative.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
As will all of the schools with openings. Unfortunately, ISU is towards the bottom of the list and has a 0.0000001% chance of hiring Les Miles.

I think that is the same percentage ISU had at losing the game in regulation, with 91 seconds left, on Saturday.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Don't disagree with the success or being a good coach, Les is all of that. It's not the route ISU should go for long term stability, he would be gone in year or two.

ISU isn't going to hire someone that is good that will be here long term. I'd take Hoiberg 2.0 again in a heartbeat and hope we can make a critical hire when they leave. Les Miles isn't coming here but you'd be crazy to not want him

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
On the Stitt hire - why is a guy like that still at Montana? And only one year at that?

Just something that concerns me I guess.

Stitt has huge upside, but I bet he would need as much head coach on the job training as any coordinator. It was only 1 year ago he was coaching d2. His Montana team has been less that impressive this year. They did beat NDSU, but followed it up with a serious head scratching loss to Cal Poly.

Also, his offenses have been anything but juggernaut...

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron