Coach Curtis Bray passes away

CY9008

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2010
West Des Moines, IA
Seems sudden. He was a big guy but very athletic as a former top Gatorade national player oty out of HS. Great family. RIP Coach.

ketelmeister

Oct 24, 2006
I actually talked with him last year about favorite books and authors, was a big reader. He was a genuine nice person. This is so, so sad.

Apr 19, 2006
geez, what a gut punch. Did he have a heart condition?

I'm getting teary eyed and I've only talked to him a hand full of times. He was such a great guy and ambassador for ISU as he made you feel like his best friend the first time you met him. Great sense of humor!

I feel so bad for his family. They will definitely be in our prayers.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Just a damn shame. So sorry for his family. Some things are much worse than others. This was totally sad. He was one of the good ones....really good ones.

M6WS6

Jan 24, 2011
Ames, IA
Happened at the football complex. Sounds like trainers were right there and paramedics arrived shortly and couldn't get things going again. Hope no players were around yet as that can be a pretty traumatic thing to see. Feel horrible out this. Great guy from a few interactions. Makes me sick to think about his family.

I saw two ambulances this morning at the football complex at 6:40AM. I meet in the commuter parking lots to commute to work and wondered why they were there with lights on parked out front.... Sad...

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron