Cigars While Tailgating

isuarch80

Sep 25, 2006
Dallas, TX
i guess i didn't hear any of this - there's no smoking allowed in tailgating lots? is the all encompassing (cigarrettes AND cigars?) and does it pertain to both NCC lots, paved lots AS WELL AS grass lots? anyone have a link to this new policy?

clonerules

Apr 11, 2006
i guess i didn't hear any of this - there's no smoking allowed in tailgating lots? is the all encompassing (cigarrettes AND cigars?) and does it pertain to both NCC lots, paved lots AS WELL AS grass lots? anyone have a link to this new policy?

Any property of ISU is technically off limits...including your car that sits on their property..

djkent01

Feb 21, 2008
Des Moines, IA
Totally agree.

You fire up a fat old stogie anywhere in the presense of my wife - a 5'3" 105 pound bundle of terror, she's going to be on you like flies on ... defocation. And she won't let it go. The smell of even the best cigar is putrid. By the time she's done with you, you'll be happy to put it out.

Boony

Dec 14, 2007
Boone River
My big fat cigar will be lit when I get to the lots, and lit back up on the way out . Guess I'll just chew it while I'm there. Do you think they will toss me in the clink for having an unlit cigar? :eek: If they are worried about people's health, they should ban gas and deisel engines from the parking lots, not tobacco. Get your golf carts out, folks.

CyGuy33

May 7, 2008
West Des Moines, IA
You fire up a fat old stogie anywhere in the presense of my wife - a 5'3\" 105 pound bundle of terror, she's going to be on you like flies on ... defocation. And she won't let it go. The smell of even the best cigar is putrid. By the time she's done with you, you'll be happy to put it out.

I will gladly to my best not to blow my smoke any someone direction but people being on me like "flies on defocation" tend to get me upset and I then do things I shouldn't. I polite, could you blow your smoke somewhere else will usually get a better reaction out of me. But I won't put it out.

djkent01

Feb 21, 2008
Des Moines, IA
I will gladly to my best not to blow my smoke any someone direction but people being on me like \"flies on defocation\" tend to get me upset and I then do things I shouldn't. I polite, could you blow your smoke somewhere else will usually get a better reaction out of me. But I won't put it out.

My wife is meaner than a snake. I'd have left her a long time ago but I'm scared of her. You do something you shouldn't, and you might find that cigar being someplace it shouldn't be. That is a fearsome woman.

Believe me, I've seen it hundreds of times. Hundreds of times. You might think you're different, but you'll either put the cigar out or you'll go somewhere else to smoke it. She'll turn the entire crowd on you.

That said, I'm off to tailgate. GO CYCLONES BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

37 - 16 ISU!!!!!

CyGuy33

May 7, 2008
West Des Moines, IA
Its almost riduclous how smokers get treated these days. Whatever happened to having a designated place to smoke?

Whatever happened to people in this country having the right to decide what is good for them and what isn't. I didn't want this to be a policital thread, but it may get moved shortly.

Do you think I would go to jail if I blew my cigar smoke in a cops face?

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Whatever happened to people in this country having the right to decide what is good for them and what isn't. I didn't want this to be a policital thread, but it may get moved shortly.

I'm pretty sure that's what this is about. People deciding that other people's smoking isn't good for them. That is, people who elect to smoke despite the fact that they know it isn't good for them.

And that's not "politics".

Do you think I would go to jail if I blew my cigar smoke in a cops face?

Uh...whyever would you do that? More demonstration of "It's my right to do whatever I want, without consideration for other people"? I'm lost here.

isukendall

Nov 30, 2006
Fort Collins, CO
I'm sitting in my cubicle and have another hour to go before I leave.

I'm back in grad school, so I'm leaving now!!! Of course, I'm in Colorado, so it's not like I can leave to go tailgating:no:. But I'll bet there's a bar with a pint and a TV with my name on it.....:smile:

cloneu

Jul 26, 2007
Urbandale
www.golfdsm.com
\"drip, drip, drip...pee on you...\"

331793_1.jpg

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron